Great Read in todays MEN by Dominic Farell

Brilliant article but it will not get the coverage or praise outside of the City fan base ( not that we are looking for that just a basic understanding of our fan base would be appreciated )simply as it was written by a City fan..

You'd have to go back a long way to ever find a time when the media has attacked those clubs - they don't need to stop it because it's not happened to them in recent times. With City it's a media pile on every time.
They simply would not allow it, and neither should we.

Thought I would go on the link using my iPhone. What a load of crap the MUEN is. Has somebody has already stated the amount of adverts that pop up whilst scrolling down to read the article then jumps back up to the begging then when I scroll down bang u have adverts everywhere. Deleted the app for this year’s ago because it was incessant.

Can you really separate the man and his success though ? You have to accept the whole package - strengths and weaknesses - with Pep and apart from the Champions League Pep has hoovered up trophy-wise. Klopp has the Dipper fans eating out of his hand and has brought them success after a long period of zero trophies but then again he doesn't have the media undermining him and the club at every available opportunity like Pep has had to endure.
You’re spot on. We accept Pep warts and all. We’d obvs much sooner have an outstanding manager who never really bonded with us rather than a seemingly very nice bloke like Ole who’s in tune with their fanbase but isn’t a very good manager.

Klopp is such a fake, perfectly suited to their ghastly plastic fans.

It's a blatant attempt to tap into a City perspective whilst criticising Pep. None of us need to know anything about League One. The MEN is part of Reach plc and have shown their colours time and again. All they are interested in is selling news and this article criticises Pep whilst trying to be sympathetic to City fans.
I think it confirms how out of touch the MEN is with the majority of people who live in Manchester (Blues and Reds). It is almost as if they have to be defensive about publishing an opinion piece from a fan. If the paper and website was properly run the fans' opinions would be reflected throughout the product. They lost their core audience decades ago.
Over the last 10 years the MEN has been one of the worst performing media firms in a dying industry. This has happened at a time when they have two of the world's biggest sports brands on their patch and Manchester itself has been one of Europe's fastest growing cities. That speaks for itself.

The club have allowed these attacks to transpire for far too long, WHY?

I'm not sure the club is too fussed with supporters being criticised for attendances, wouldn't even be shocked if they were encouraging it behind the scenes.

Maybe they think we can be shamed into buying more tickets/spending more money.

Can only think of Vinny from the club that has ever said anything in our favour on attendances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.