Greatest individual performance

BlueDan91

After the fantastic displays put in by Zabaleta and clichy on Sunday it got me thinking of my favourite individual player displays for city.
Two that come to mind in recent years are robinho vs arsenal at home. We won 3-0 and robinho scored that amazing chip.

My personal favourite of recent times was petrov at home against newcastle. IIRC we won 3-0 with mpenza scoring a header, but petrov ran the Newcastle defence ragged that day. He was totally unplayable and was substituted due to sheer exhaustion.

What is your favourite performance by a city player?

Great idea for a thread OP. The four that spring to mind for me are:
1. Bernarbia away at Seffield Wednesday in his second game.
2. Tevez at home to Stoke a few days after we'd beaten them in the FA Cup Final.
3. Silva in the Demolition Derby.
4. Kinkladze away at Oxford.

I'd probably go for the Bernarbia one as the best, it was the first time I'd seen him play and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Of the current squad, Vinnie's debut against West Ham at home will take some topping.

He played centre/defensive midfield, which for me is the most important job on the field bar none and he played like he was 3 men.

I know players want to impress on their debut but it just set the tone for what we have come to expect as norm from him.

I think he could do just as good a job as Barry in there.

Many spring to mind but here's a few:

Paulo wanchope away at Leeds when they were title contenders and we'd just been promoted. He was fresh off a plane for an international a long way ago, played lone striker and we won 2-
1. Great night and Paulo ran them ragged.

Eyal berkovic at old Trafford, the game we drew 1-1 but had a late goal ruled out. Absolutely ran the midfield.

Kinkladze versus Newcastle at Maine road 3-3. Looked like a world class player, genuinely world class

More recently:

Vinny Kompany against united at home last year. Played like a warrior and got the winner.

David silva at old Trafford last year. World class.

Can do 4 on Kinkladze alone:

Oxford (a)
Southend (a) when he scored two and ran his 'man marker' to the point of exhaustion
Newcastle (h)
West Ham (h) in the cup

Plus:
Berkovic and Benarbia when we were down to 10 men the entire game (was it Norwich?)
The Goat away at Burnley
Weaver against Ipswich
Harty away at Spurs in a 0-0 and the Dortmund game
Lakey in a 4-0 drubbing at Arsenal - a diamond sparkling in a sea of shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.