Greatest night games at the Etihad

Not the Etihad. January 1976, second leg of the League Cup semi final v Middlesborough at Maine Road. A 4-0 win and off to Wembley. Best atmosphere I have ever experienced at a City game.
Great night was there as a 14 year old, but beaten by the 1981 quarter final FA cup replay against Everton.

I don’t know why I don’t have the same memory of Hamburg, maybe I had an ear infection that night, I remember it being good but I think it’s been better. For me its
Liverpool & Spurs both in 2019.
Not etihad but shout out to Wigan in the play of 2nd leg at Maine road. The first only time I’ve heard the sound crackle!

The Madrid game last year was one of the greatest matches ever in my humble opinion.
It was a great game and a great performance but the overriding feeling was disappointment that they were still in the game. It should have been about 6-1. We missed a load of chances and Fernandinho and Laporte cost us two goals. Ultimately it cost us the champions league I think.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.