Greatest premier league team

For individual sports, greatness is usually reserved for winning the top international events. For example, in golf, winning shedloads of domestic and tour events is not enough, you need a couple of majors as well.

In football I think the same is true, though the domestic competitions are also very important. This year City will be the top team in England, regardless of whether Liverpool win the Champions League, but to be regarded as one of the top clubs in Europe we need to continue performing in our League and walk the walk in CL as well. Strengthening in the Summer wil help, am agog to know who is coming in.

Most points
Most goals
Most wins
Most consecutive wins

I think Pep said it all last night when comparing us to previous great teams.
None of them broke all the records in one season. Just want the icing now a nice round 100pts just sounds great :) ctid

This is the greatest side ever in a single domestic season, I don’t see how anyone can doubt it. 100 points is just ridiculous. We have to push on now and retain it but as far as a single season goes, no other team gets even close.

The only way people will argue against this is now is with wooly intangibles like "Oh but they never would have gotten past the Chelsea defence at its peak" or "The best rag front three was better than City's front three" and other such bullshit. All toss. Those teams have had time for the bad to be forgotten, as it will be with us. By the undeniable measures that will be recorded in the history books we are the best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.