Greatest premier league team

I agree we look very STRONG,
if we have the "football gods" and "ladyluck" on our side as Chelsea had last season then i am sure we wil win the PL. n possibly the CL

Sorry a little spritual here

Arsenal invincibles best side for me and I don't see anybody doing it again any time soon.
I suppose it depends how we define 'greatness' or 'the best'. Arsenal's stated aim at that time was to not concede. I think they drew 12 games that season and had a lot of very boring 1-0 victories, winning the season with 90 points. The stats are great, but imagine a team achieving being unbeaten whilst playing with style and really entertaining the crowd.

Football did not start in 1992!

Saying that, I've been watching footy since the late 1980s (not an extensive amount of time by any means) and I think from then until the 00s football was a level below what we've seen in the last fifteen years. The Prem has gone to a level possibly not seen before in this country. Just think of the top sides here from the 60s and 70s, great and all that, but Eusabio and Garrincha weren't playing for English sides in the 60s and Cruyff and Müller weren't being bought by English teams in the 70s were they?

We've had Henry CRonaldo and Yaya playing at the top of their games here. As good as Greaves, Bell and Dalgleish were, were they at the level of these top world stars we've seen playing here today or of their time (like those names above)? And did they look better because the level of football was lower than now? England did win the World Cup in 1966 and were said to have an even better side in 1970. But Football League Division One didn't have a load of top internationals from Germany Italy and other top countries as well like they do now did it?

So far the 2003 Arsenal side, the 2008 Rags side and the 2012 City side are the best three teams I've seen.

But what Guardiola is building now I think we are heading in the direction of being the best ever, EVER (not just Premier League era).

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of injuries at the back could expose a soft centre and this thread could look very silly very quickly. That said you've got to be a miserablist not to be optimistic going into this season.

Going unbeaten all season in the league or doing a domestic treble, or quadruple that is what makes you the best team in prem history, until we do any of those the arse invincibles will still be the best there has been.

I class winning the european cup as an added bonus so a treble with that doesn't count ;-)
I did include Arsenal from 04 in my three above but I do think winning the most games or scoring the most goals is a better achievement than losing the least games or conceding the least goals.

Screw the results this is the best squad the premier league has ever seen. Will be an absolute pleasure to watch. Ederson, Kompany, walker, Mendy, otamendi, yaya, Silva, kdb, sane, aguero, sterling plus stones danilo, fernandinho, gundogan, b Silva and Jesus. Plus I genuinely feel sorry for other managers trying to prepare for us we can play so many formations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.