Greatest premier league team

At the moment on paper we look awesome
But the only team I've stood up and applauded was the arsenal team that stuffed us at Maine road,even if it was painful to watch for a blue you just had to admit if you were there that you had witnessed near perfect football from them

Tell you in May. Can't really compare the Premier League from 5-10 years with now. If we could dominate for many years then possibly.

Depends what you measure being unbeaten, points total etc. If a team won the lot domestically but had a low points total where would anyone put them? If the league was won by April and there was a Champions League semi and final could you blame a team for losing games but would they be a lesser team than the Arsenal invincibles?

Don't really care so much about the European trophies, but I've long felt we just need some luck with injuries and draws to do the domestic treble. Never been accomplished- it is, granted, extremely difficult- but I'd love us to make history.

At the moment on paper we look awesome
But the only team I've stood up and applauded was the arsenal team that stuffed us at Maine road,even if it was painful to watch for a blue you just had to admit if you were there that you had witnessed near perfect football from them
I was in the north stand that day think we were 4-0 down after about 30mins? henry & co were magnificent & got the ovation they deserved,they did to us what we're capable of doing to 90% of prem now ;)

Think Chelsea of Mourinho's(before he was a cnut) first few seasons is up there.. would have had an invincibles season but we beat them 1-0 via an Anelka penalty iirc

I really think that our 2012 side was one of the best ever and that it really underachieved.

It was well-balanced, with two excellent players for every position. It had one of, if not the best defences and scored plenty at the other end. It also knew how to win the big games; our record against the top 6 that year was excellent. And what many people (especially the detractors who accuse us of 'limping' over the line) forget was that we beat an exceptional Utd side that year (they amassed 89 points and finished second, after all, and then went on to walk the league the following year simply by adding Van Persie).

Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli - has there ever been a better roster of strikers? In Kolarov, Clichy, Zabba and Richards we probably had four of the best five full-backs in the league that year.

I think it's because that it went down to goal difference that people overlook how good that side was. Our European campaign probably hurt its reputation too. But just looking at PL performances, I can only think of the Utd treble-winners and the the Arsenal invicibles as being better. Chelsea under Ancelotti were also excellent but they lack of decent competition makes it hard to judge that side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.