"Greed of 'big six' will kill our game"

with the vote of no confidence by the government over the FA its the start of things to come
i think the government want a slice of the pie and will pressure the FA into taking back the top league (premier league) the amount of money that's going out of the game in england is shocking and skysports rupert murdoch company is milking the country and paying little to no tax on a multi £billion company the government have had enough

within 5 years i can see the FA taking back from the premier league and sky and putting it back on mutli terrestrial tv and pay for view freeview channel
this sounds daft but with the government and Brexit but it will need the biggest money maker to be in england and no tax rupert murdoch lining his pocket sky corporate will have to change or move out and when they lose the football it will be over for them
You're suggesting that a Tory government is going to screw over Rupert Murdoch? Yeah, good luck with that.

It's interesting this idea is raising its head again now that the PL is more competitive than its been in years. The huge PL deal was the best thing that's happened in years, because it meant that being in the CL was no longer a ridiculously huge advantage. It's the CL money that ruined the PL and guaranteed the top teams no meaningful competition. Funny how now the money's evened out a bit, the "top" clubs are getting a bit big for their boots and demanding more of a share. Can't have the likes of Leicester challenging every year and knocking the likes of Chelsea and the rags out of the CL now.

I assume if the rags were 20th the 'big six' would become the big 20?
Sad reading. I perhaps naively thought that by smashing the old 'sky 4' up a bit we would make the league better / different. Fuck Everton though, and it pleases me to see we are outstripping a great historical club like the dippers in commercial revenue.
You spelled 'hysterical' wrong? Might want to correct, as it completely changes what you were clearly trying to convey.

I'm just impressed with the continuing con trick Spurs have managed to pull off. It must be the longest con in history and fair play to them. They've managed to fool everyone they are a massive club and should be mentioned with Arsenal and the rags. The reality is they are no bigger than West Ham, Villa, Everton, Newcastle or even ourselves pre investment.

"Everyone below 6th please leave the room. The grown-ups wish to speak. Thank you. " Smacks of bullshit to me.
And this."In other words, the Big Six clubs — at very least
four of them..."
Which is it six or four?
We're getting tarred with a very broad brush here.

They bloody killed Football when they cooked up the whole of the Premier League concept in the late 80s.

You're suggesting that a Tory government is going to screw over Rupert Murdoch? Yeah, good luck with that.

It's interesting this idea is raising its head again now that the PL is more competitive than its been in years. The huge PL deal was the best thing that's happened in years, because it meant that being in the CL was no longer a ridiculously huge advantage. It's the CL money that ruined the PL and guaranteed the top teams no meaningful competition. Funny how now the money's evened out a bit, the "top" clubs are getting a bit big for their boots and demanding more of a share. Can't have the likes of Leicester challenging every year and knocking the likes of Chelsea and the rags out of the CL now.

for me the top clubs are in a waiting game and with 6 top managers somebody got to miss out this season so are building for next year all ready the champions league places are now bigger than silverware and money to them 6 managers they need a future and time to build and if the boards of them top clubs don't buy into the idea's for next season then if you don't finish in the top 4 questions will be asked

also if and this is a BIG IF united win the europa league and city win the champions the places in the league will be theirs and only 2 from the league will get champions league spots so all of the top managers are right in the fight for something. but in my book only pep is safe if we miss out on champions league spot and finish without silverware the board have back the plan with pep and the future

in the next 5 years they will be big changes in the format in the premier league the FA will need to have a input or they will lose the backing from the government they are not happy with the premier league taking the money out of the game in england and the FA don't have a say its wrong and it will change. at the moment the premier league only support in a little way to the FA and grass roots the 2 just don't work together and that's what the government want a single body a new FA that runs everything from top to bottom

If City were a team in Everton's position I'd be pissed off as well. No team has a hope of breaking this top 6 dominance for the foreseeable future. But for so many years we were one of those underdog teams. It's hard not to be glad and relieved that we're one of the elite now. I still think we're some way behind the rags and dippers in terms of a global brand but you can see us getting there eventually. It's bittersweet in some ways. I know Ricky Hatton has said in the past that he misses the pre-money City and I sort of know what he means.
I miss the pre-money Ricky Hatton. Oh wait, I don't miss him at all!!

Look at the Top Six and ask yourself what they all have in common. Large, deep pocketed, benefactors. Everton have been trying to sell out to one for years now, but they are considered to be undesirable, so far. The minute a Billionaire fancies them, they will be all over it!

As usual in these situations, it is all a matter of timing, and when the snapshot is taken. As has been rightly stated, English football, indeed Sky's stranglehold on it worldwide, was designed to cash in on the "Big 4" who felt they were running the game. Each one of them has a Billionaire backer, or backers, and all of them are based overseas. City found a Billionaire backer from overseas at a time when the club was in complete disarray and having to sell players to make ends meet (a selling club, if you will).

That changed with the stroke of a pen, and thereafter City have been on a upward trajectory. Up steps UEFA, to stop the likes of a City and PSG crashing the UEFA money orgy with FFP, and all of a sudden, NEW billionaires from overseas are "ruining the game!" Well, we are not Germany, where one club collects all the local national talent and supplements it with top Euro talent, because they have a virtual monopoly on their domestic league and cup every year, and the top sponsors in their country. We are not Spain, where financial shenanigans somehow get them transfer bans every few years and claims of poverty, yet they cultivate their own TV and sponsorship deals for the most money in the world, and pay record fees for players they poach from the rest of the world...even while they have those transfer bans! Oh, and they simply trade who will win what every year in their proverbial 2 1/2 horse race! Or, how about France...yes, France, where the same thing is happening, with PSG and Monaco the only teams who seem to be perennially in the CL!

It is "Johnny come lately" hypocrisy to deny MONEY has always been at the root of the business of football. Yes, always! Best teams have always been able to afford best players, because they had more money, and that meant they were always winning something to keep the coffers full. Fast forward to the PL, and the only thing that has happened is what is happening everywhere...the rich are getting richer, because the rich make the rules to the fucking game, so that they can keep it happening that way! What is new is the old rich don't like the new rich grabbing a piece of their action!

Well, fuck them all!

In Britain, if we really want to try to level the playing field, we should have COMPLETE TV REVENUE SHARING across the ENTIRE FOOTBALL LEAGUE, and let teams grow based on gate receipts, merchandising and commercial activities. Everything doesn't have to be exactly equal, but sharing the TV revenues deeper into the game would revitalize the lower leagues, allow stadia to be updated to modern standards, and the grass roots ENGLISH game to survive and hopefully prosper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.