Greek Holidays

Not sure mate about package tour I am in Altinkum in Turkey loads of ex pats from here go there for a "holliday" loads of ex pats from southerb Cyprus cross the border daily to get there shopping as it dirt cheap

Turkey looks so much nicer than Greece in terms of beach resorts, but I've never taken the plunge and gone. I was in Rhodes last year and reserved a space on a boat to Marmaris for the day, but didn't end up going.

Marmaris is like Blackpool in the sun .Not my cup of tea but loads love it .So many brilliant places in Turkey and the great exchange rate makes it great value .I just been 3 nights Garden of Sun Hotel all inclusive £17 per person per night happy days it only 5 min in a cab or 15 min on a bus from where i am lol

Last edited:
Marmaris is like Blackpool in the sun .Not my cup of tea but loads love it .So many brilliant places in Turkey and the great exchange rate makes it great value .I just been 3 nights Garden of Sun Hotel all inclusive £17 per person per night happy days it only 5 min in a cab or 15 min on a bus from whete i am lol

17 quid all inclusive? Do they brew their own beer?

So many brilliant places in Turkey and the great exchange rate makes it great value .

This may well be but has nothing to do with the Turkish Lira which over the last 2 seasons has increased from 4.40 to 6.00 to 7.40 to the GBP. An innocent bystander may be fooled into assuming this upward spike makes for increased Value For Money but sadly not as the Turks have filled their purple trews with mischief and caddishness by increasing the price of a full English breakfast and pint to suit the exchange rate.

In 2017 a pint was around 9 lira and in 2018 went up to around 12 lira and this year most bars are kicking in at 14 lira a scoop. Still all the same £2 because of the exchange but not the value it should be. On occasion we tunnel free from our A.I camp we shall simply haggle with them in an attempt to redress balance and maintain a status quo. Still cheap at £2 but their scoops are not as cheap as Tenerife or the Dorm at circa £1.50. All that glitters ain't gold as I am led to believe the coastal scenery and their hospitality remain priceless.

Last edited:
This may well be but has nothing to do with the Turkish Lira which over the last 2 seasons has increased from 4.40 to 6.00 to 7.40 to the GBP. An innocent bystander may be fooled into assuming this upward spike makes for increased Value For Money but sadly not as the Turks have filled their purple trews with much mischief and caddishness by increasing the price of a full English breakfast and pint accordingly to suit the exchange rate.

In 2017 a pint was around 9 lira and in 2018 went up to around 12 lira and this year most bars are kicking in at 14 lira a scoop. Still all the same £2 because of the exchange but not the value it should be. On the occasions we tunnel free from our A.I camp we shall simply haggle with them in an attempt to redress balance and maintain a status quo as they seek to have us over for fat lads. Still cheap at £2 but their scoops are not as cheap as Tenerife or the Dorm at circa £1.50. All that glitters ain't gold however as I am led to believe their coastal scenery and hospitality remain utterly priceless.
Depends where you go 3 local bars to me sell draught effes 10 tl a pint . Just been for a Gozleme a Pide plus 2 waters salad and Turkish tea about 21-50 tl £2-80 p

Depends where you go 3 local bars to me sell draught effes 10 tl a pint . Just been for a Gozleme a Pide plus 2 waters salad and Turkish tea about 21-50 tl £2-80 p

The 10 lira at £1.50 sounds banging but we have some chums just come back from Marmaris and they said most are around the 14 lira mark. Working the exchange rate I guess but no mither and it is what it is. Looking forward to Icemelor and our first Turkish jollies.We did kusadasi once but just for a day trip to ladies beach. Happy days

The 10 lira at £1.50 sounds banging but we have some chums just come back from Marmaris and they said most are around the 14 lira mark. Working the exchange rate I guess but no mither and it is what it is. Looking forward to Icemelor and our first Turkish jollies.We did kusadasi once but just for a day trip to ladies beach. Happy days
Most of the bars sell it at 13 tl to 15 tl .Off Liscence sells it around 10 tl .Government puts tax on alcohol twice a year .In Northers Cyprus it a lot cheaper .Icmelor a lovley place , first place we visited it Turkey we now in Altinkum .Just done all inclusive hotel £17 per person per night happy days

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.