Greek Holidays

flyer

We've had loads of holidays in Greece over the years and used to really enjoy being over there. When the financial crash hit, we all know how hard they got it and we noticed that the resorts started to get scruffy and a bit dirty quite quickly especially due to lack of funds for decent refuse collection. When you think of what goes into the rubbish bags, late or even non-collection is not a great thing.

But, it's been 10 years since we last went and we both would really like to go back this year. Have you been there recently and how would you describe things on the whole. Are they still skint with rubbish piling up or have they got to grip with things and have got back to the great resorts they used to be.

If you've got anything to add from personal recent experience, then me and Mrs Flyer would be grateful of the info. Just let us know where you've been, we're not fixed on any particular resort or island

Thanks

We've had loads of holidays in Greece over the years and used to really enjoy being over there. When the financial crash hit, we all know how hard they got it and we noticed that the resorts started to get scruffy and a bit dirty quite quickly especially due to lack of funds for decent refuse collection. When you think of what goes into the rubbish bags, late or even non-collection is not a great thing.

But, it's been 10 years since we last went and we both would really like to go back this year. Have you been there recently and how would you describe things on the whole. Are they still skint with rubbish piling up or have they got to grip with things and have got back to the great resorts they used to be.

If you've got anything to add from personal recent experience, then me and Mrs Flyer would be grateful of the info. Just let us know where you've been, we're not fixed on any particular resort or island

Thanks

Cousin went last year and said similar problem and they saw a few rats around the rubbish. I can’t remember which island.

We go every other year to Lefkas.

I don’t see rubbish “piling up” but if you drive inland there is evidence of fly tipping.

I love the place.

Thanks
My Mum and Dad go to the island of Poros (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poros) maybe a couple of times a year. They've been going for about 30 years. They book their own flights and accommodation, and arrange transfers from Athens through a local Greek travel agency.

It's a small island, not far off the main land, and it's pretty quiet, so if you're expecting Faliraki, it's probably not for you.

Went to Rhodes last year, followed by Athens. Can't even have a shower around tea time in Rhodes as the water supply on the island cuts off at peak times. Athens is a dump overall, but some great archaeological sites and views there, and a nice shopping center in Marousi, near the Olympic Stadium.

The Greeks are really friendly people on the whole, but I'd definitely recommend Cyprus as a holiday destination over Greece. I went to Paphos about 18 months ago, it is more expensive than Greece but you're pretty much guaranteed really good weather, and it's a bit more modern than Greece - plus they drive on the left, albeit like mad men. The only thing Cyprus has a lack of is decent sand beaches.

Hope this helps.

We have been to cala dor in majorca for the last 6 years but this year going to kos. I had a few lad holidays there back in the day and it was great. Do you still have to put your toilet paper in a bin ? Was a long time ago

I once worked in Greece for the summer. In Crete in a bar for 16 weeks Fucking great time. Shagged for fun.

Not been for a few years but will go back soon.

Love kefalonia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.