Green Flag / RAC

I'm with Green Flag, as you say generally cheaper than RAC/AA who I was with when I had a company car.

I've found no real difference in service but that could be different if you live in the sticks perhaps.

Always had Green Flag through Direct Line but noticed it was £148 for the year when I rang to renew and wanted them to match lowest quote. Said they couldn't so I told them to knock breakdown off.

Phone down, went online and got Green Flag for just over £40!

Shop around.

I have Green Flag through my bank and whilst I've only called them a couple of times they've been superb. Couldn't fault them and were much quicker than the RAC.

Always had green flag and always been happy with the service when I needed them. I could be wrong but don’t they keep costs down by sub contracting to local garages as well? My memory might be playing tricks but I’m sure it’s not always been a green flag van that has turned up

Always had green flag and always been happy with the service when I needed them. I could be wrong but don’t they keep costs down by sub contracting to local garages as well? My memory might be playing tricks but I’m sure it’s not always been a green flag van that has turned up

They do. Used them once and really quick but sub'd out to local breakdown service. Couldn't fault them though.

As Mr Insa mentioned do shop around. I have had a mixture of service from the main three but in general they all deliver the goods. The RAC once left us stranded up Crown Point Road, which is a desolate dank dark and wind swept Moor, they said it was all our fault for saying Crown Point Manchester. Why would I say Manchester when I was in Burnley.

I never used them for 25 years afterwards as a metered out consumer punishment for their inadequacies but am now back with them. I received a massive discount as a package with their own insurance for £70 annually covering breakdown, relay, at home and European cover.

Breakdown cover is very much akin to gas and electric in that you have to seek out the better deal upon expiry. New custom is rewarded far more than loyalty.

Last edited:
just switched to GF from AA, less than half price of the AA renewal. Not had to use them yet tho

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.