Greggs

I know this is an in joke, but I was genuinely in Peterborough a couple of weeks ago. Cathedral is amazing. Folk are strange, but friendly.
The cathedral is amazing, didn't realise everyone was knocking the city. I've been to a lot of posh games and spent many an evening drinking around the place, even dated a girl there for quite a while....still don't like the place

I reckon (based on nothing, really) they’re pretty good employers, relatively speaking. They wouldn’t have had their success story without a decent continuity of people operating at the coal-face.

They are. My son worked a Saturday for them for a year whilst doing his A levels. Full corporate induction, decent pay, flexible and the odd bonus. There was a woman there who did a part time job that she was going to do for six months. Fifteen years later she was still there!

I stayed near the one at Piccadilly station a few years ago and it was lined up outside the door every time I went past it. The one time it was empty I went in and it looked like a scene from a post apocalypse film. Nothing but crumbs and tears.

“Crumbs and tears”. Like it. :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.