Gritty films

Lucas North said:
Dead Mans Shoes

A Shane Meadows film starring Paddy Considine .

About as gritty as film-making gets .

brilliant film. the theme tune by smog gets me all wound up now. i love it.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCmasI352Ps[/youtube]

beautiful beautiful song

Great shout for Raining Stones Malg. One of my favourite films and often overlooked in the Ken Loach canon. The scene where Ricky Tomlinson lends twenty quid off his daughter and then breaks down as she leaves is trulyheart-breaking.

I'll plump for Happiness, the Todd Solondz film.

A film about Dennis Neillson , that was truly disturbing , I felt like I was watching a snuff movie , a lad I used to knock about with had been borrowed it ,got about 40 mins in and had to turn it off, it was harrowing .It was a low budget film that made it more eerie. The acting was creepy .It was too realistic. On a par with nil by mouth but with the subject matter of buggery. It really made my skin crawl. Just found out it was a low budget film ,see TONY. It is in a similar vein .

cockneycarparkm32 said:
A film about Dennis Neillson , that was truly disturbing , I felt like I was watching a snuff movie , a lad I used to knock about with had been borrowed it ,got about 40 mins in and had to turn it off, it was harrowing .It was a low budget film that made it more eerie. The acting was creepy .It was too realistic. On a par with nil by mouth but with the subject matter of buggery. It really made my skin crawl. Saw a snuf movie once that had some truely awful subject matter ,didnt sleep properly for days after seeing it.There was a film out few years back with nicholas cage which was very close to what I saw ,sickening.

Was it 'National Treasure 2 - Book Of Secrets?' I nearly heaved at that as well.

strongbowholic said:
Bad Lieutenant (sp) The original one with Harvey Keitel.

Very hard to stomach. Also a touch shite.

shite?! are you serious?!! its a classic!!!

sweynforkbeard said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
A film about Dennis Neillson , that was truly disturbing , I felt like I was watching a snuff movie , a lad I used to knock about with had been borrowed it ,got about 40 mins in and had to turn it off, it was harrowing .It was a low budget film that made it more eerie. The acting was creepy .It was too realistic. On a par with nil by mouth but with the subject matter of buggery. It really made my skin crawl. Saw a snuf movie once that had some truely awful subject matter ,didnt sleep properly for days after seeing it.There was a film out few years back with nicholas cage which was very close to what I saw ,sickening.

Was it 'National Treasure 2 - Book Of Secrets?' I nearly heaved at that as well.

Brilliant!

bennyboy said:
Bad Boy Bubby....Weird,gritty Aussie film.

lol i was wondering if anyone was going to mention this one! i found it on dvd in new york one day!! havn't even seen it on dvd here in oz!!

chopper is good too, its based on a real person. Mark 'chopper read' wiki him!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.