Großer deutscher Blues

Gareth Barry Conlon

So given we just signed our 2nd German into the squad, who are the Germans who have played for us over the years. And what are your stand out memories of their time at City. I can think of a few and they have all been class.

This was my first thought.

Last edited:
So given we are about to sign a 2nd German into the squad, who are the Germans who have played for us over the years. And what are your stand out memories of their time at City. I can think of a few and they have all been class.

I can think of a few who have been less good. Eike Immel and Michael Frontzeck spring to mind. Stefan Karl's goal away at The Dell is a fond memory though.

So given we are about to sign a 2nd German into the squad, who are the Germans who have played for us over the years. And what are your stand out memories of their time at City. I can think of a few and they have all been class.

This was my first thought.

Just joined us bookies missed the fact he took rocket free kicks....40/1 very nice.

Errrrr, Uwe!

I didn’t want to just list them as (1) I’d miss someone and get abused and (2) it would defeat the purpose of the forum. My top 3;

So yes Uwe was class and very much my era.
Gaudino’s 20 games for city will live long in the memory for those that witnessed them.
Trautman – before my time but what a story!

Maurizio Gaudino was a class act he'd be my number 1 , don't remember Bert. The fact that Immel was cross eyed was always a worry! Good shot stopper terrible keeper.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.