Ground hopping thread

Went to FC Edinburgh (formerly Edinburgh City, now with a name change) today for their league cup game with Arbroath. Felt a bit weird going to a competitive match in mid-July but that’s the fixture list.

Anyway of interest to groundhoppers, it was the first game in their new stadium - sort of - they’ve moved back to Meadowbank. I’ve watched many Edinburgh games at the old place which was falling apart. The new one is only a three row stand down one side of the pitch and you’ve still the running track between the stand and the grass.

Anyway, Arbroath won 3-1 as expected and we’re back again in a few weeks for the Pars game in the league.

Went to Holker Street to tick another league ground off the list.
I guessed there would be a few kids wearing rags and dippers shirts, but there were also a few adults, one of whom wasn't very impressed when some Bradford City fans explained how much of a bellend he was wear a rag top at a Barrow game.
Steak pie was the highlight up to half-time, then Barrow went ahead, Bradford equalised, Barrow went ahead again with a few minutes remaining and Bradford equalised with five of seven extra minutes played before Barrow went ahead for the third time a minute later. I think the game finally ended after 9 minutes of stoppage time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.