Grunge

I'll prob get some stick, and I know technicality it is (both in geography and period) not grunge, but musically, i always considered Blackened Sky a really good grunge-lovers' album. Even their subsequent one or two albums had elements, as they shifted more and more to prog-rock.

How did you end up coming across that?
Apparently Kris Novoselic heard it in his younger years.

Novoselic was interested in bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Van Halen, Devo, and Aerosmith. He also enjoyed listening to Yugoslavian bands such as Zabranjeno Pušenje, Prljavo kazalište, and Azra. In Yugoslavia, he became interested in punk rock, and discovered bands such as the Sex Pistols and Ramones when he lived in Croatia at the age of 14 for one year.[21][22] He has cited Paul McCartney, Geezer Butler, John Entwistle, and Gene Simmons as the fundamental influences of his bass playing.[23]

Apparently Kris Novoselic heard it in his younger years.

Novoselic was interested in bands such as Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, The Who, Van Halen, Devo, and Aerosmith. He also enjoyed listening to Yugoslavian bands such as Zabranjeno Pušenje, Prljavo kazalište, and Azra. In Yugoslavia, he became interested in punk rock, and discovered bands such as the Sex Pistols and Ramones when he lived in Croatia at the age of 14 for one year.[21][22] He has cited Paul McCartney, Geezer Butler, John Entwistle, and Gene Simmons as the fundamental influences of his bass playing.[23]

Yeah i kinda put two and two together as soon as i saw the vid. It is still a pretty damn good find. Did you know about it before?

1. Bleach - Nirvana
2. Ten - Pearl Jam
3. Dirt - Alice in chains
4. Purple - Stone Temple Pilots

Special mention for Yellow Ledbetter, best song of the grunge era on a mediocre album.
Wasn’t Yellow Leadbetter a Bonus track on Ten deluxe edition. With Dirty Frank.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.