Mbappe
Salah
Griezmann
Hazard
de Bruyne
Kane
Kante

The 10th one is hilarious.

It just shows the effect of the World Cup has on perceptions to people who don't follow European football closely.

Top 10 is
Modric
Gelled Tumbler
Messi
Mbappe
Salah
Griezmann
Hazard
de Bruyne
Kane
Kante

The 10th one is hilarious.

It just shows the effect of the World Cup has on perceptions to people who don't follow European football closely.
Kane being on there is hilarious tbf, he's a goalscorer and that's it. Cavani, Suarez, Aguero, Aubemeyang, Icardi all have a shout if he's in. Debated putting Eriksen in from Spurs but not him.

Any list that doesnt have Messi #1 is completely worthless.

Would and club owner in the world take Modric for 1 season over Messi? Purely on the basis of sporting reasons. No way in hell.

How many of the judges do you think watched every game of the top 5 clubs in each of the big leagues? I'm gonna guess zero. It's like voting for best film at the Oscars when you've only seen half the films. The result is exactly what I expected. It's basically a ranking of who's had the most plaudits in the media this season. Doing well in the Champions League therefore trumps doing well domestically, and doing well at the World Cup is especially important.

Top-whatever lists are almost impossible to compile.

Moreover, news publications want to generate revenue - so some sort of list designed to appeal to the customer base is very likely - regardless of actual merit.

And picking some so-called judges out of your hat and asking them - is a huge flaw.

Pogba at 16 is for me the biggest - among many - mis-rankings. What on earth has Pogba done for his club? He's an erratic, lazy, prima donna, at times brilliant on offense when in form - but often absent from games, sulking, and honestly never (almost never?) contributing at all on defense.

Pogba has great potential talent - but he's nowhere near 16 for me at present.

How the fuck is Carlton ahead of Merlin and Raheem, and Emile ahead of Fernandinho, Bernardo and Leroy.

A complete joke of a list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.