Guardian Football Finance. City's figures compared to the Premier League

Anyone got a link to the PDF.

Can't find it for once. Or struggling to.

Thanks.

United : Gate and match-day income £112m

City : Gate and match day £52m

We should figure out a way to catch them without increasing tickets price.
Everything comes back to the North Stand extension. These figures are backward looking (2016-17) - it may have closed a little

Matchday revenue.

For a start, United get 22,000 fans more than us every home match. That's 418,000 fans more a season. Johnny Ball. Average it out. £50 a ticket. £21,000,000. Add tourist and day tripper spend, and that figure probably isn't far short of £30,000,000. My Maths maybe miles out.

So, the way to match them, or to at least get closer to their matchday revenue is to increase the capacity of the Etihad. But increase it so tickets are affordable, we sell out, and at the same time increase revenue by more season ticket sales, matchday ticket sales, food, drink and merchandise sales, etc. Lobbing a few %age price rises on current season ticket and matchday tickets is never going to get us any closer to United.

And remember this. United haven't increased their season ticket prices in 7 years. Not sure about their matchday ticket prices. So our current season ticket prices are competing against their 2011 season ticket prices. If United start increasing their season ticket prices again in the future, the gap may widen even further?

More comprehensive figures in today’s hard copy Guardian, including profit and loss. Only £2 from your local newsagent!

I notice the Rags are hosting concerts at the Swamp again in recent years - I assume that has something to do with Ferguson retiring as he pretty much put a stop to it when he was manager (remember he blamed Rod Stewart for losing them the title in '92.. yep any excuse!). We seem to hosting our fair share too, what kind of money does this bring in for the club?

I notice the Rags are hosting concerts at the Swamp again in recent years - I assume that has something to do with Ferguson retiring as he pretty much put a stop to it when he was manager (remember he blamed Rod Stewart for losing them the title in '92.. yep any excuse!). We seem to hosting our fair share too, what kind of money does this bring in for the club?

The Club net £1 mil from each concert. I was told this by Club officials a couple of years ago.

They franchise it out so City have already been paid so if no one buys no food city won’t lose out
That's a mistake if you want to increase matchday revenue. People only buy expensive fast food and drink if it is 'fast'. It isn't so folks don't bother.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.