Guardiola: “If the club wants me, I want to stay here”

The problem is this. Pep could be like Ferguson and stay for 20 years but if he loses his intensity then it all goes to shit.

Time isn't the issue, it's how long Pep keeps his hunger and how long the players buy into it.
The transition of the new boys will help that.

The one positive i take from all the media bollocks and VAR and everything else thrown at us is that i have hoped it might just galvanise Pep to stay and ram it down everyone’s throats.

The problem is this. Pep could be like Ferguson and stay for 20 years but if he loses his intensity then it all goes to shit.

Time isn't the issue, it's how long Pep keeps his hunger and how long the players buy into it.
Completely agree. The good thing though is he will be the first to call it. If he feels he has nothing else to give he will go. There is no chance of a long, drawn out tail off.

No Where in the article does he say he wants to stay longer that 2021, he only says he wants to honor his contract.

However, he Does say

"I will not be here [at Manchester City] forever. It's important when you leave that you can come back and be happy with the people."

:(

Clickbait headline from the OP, just got me so excited :(

The fact that we’ve had the best manager in the world for at least 4 seasons and probably 5 tells you all you need to know about our status as a club and our future wellbeing. He’ll go when he’s ready but whenever that is we’re well placed to be the dominant club in England for many years.

No Where in the article does he say he wants to stay longer that 2021, he only says he wants to honor his contract.

However, he Does say

"I will not be here [at Manchester City] forever. It's important when you leave that you can come back and be happy with the people."

:(

Clickbait headline from the OP, just got me so excited :(

You know that’s really really weird because I 100% remember him saying if the club would have him he’d stay longer in that interview but now I can’t find it mentioned anywhere except; https://www.time24.news/2019/11/i-want-to-stay-longer-in-the-city-2.html

“Pep's declaration of loyalty to Manchester City was finalized by adding that he wants to stay longer in the club: “I want to help Manchester City be better. I really enjoy working with this group of players. I want to stay longer. And if the club wants it, I will stay longer ”

I think he'll finish his contract and then he can pick any job he wants in the world. Pep is the sort of person who aways wants a new challenge to stay fresh and that's what makes him great. It would be great to keep him linked to CFG if we can but he is his own man. Despite all the rumours I can't see him going to Juventus. These days the Italian league is a joke. Most matches are played in front of half-empty crumbling stadiums with a significant hooligan element. The off-field politics there would drive him crazy.
I think Pep will probably make a very left-field move which no one is expecting. He cleared off to New York for 12 months last time to keep his family happy. I am confident City will have a succession plan in place and Pep will be aware of what is happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.