Guardiola “open” to staying at City for next four years

whats the point even looking that far ahead. 2 years is forever in football

many top teams change coaches every 3-5 years to bring fresh ideas etc.

Good question. He's won 8 in 10 active seasons as a top level manager but he's not had to scrap and rebuild a winning team yet, which he'd have to do if at the same club for a decade, plus he's already missed the title in one season here. Think I'd say 6.

Let's get the second one for us under his belt first !!! Hay

Basically denied it in the presser, two more years then we'll see.

He’s got a contract for 2 years. He’ll wait till he’s offered more - he can’t sit there and say I’ll be here for another 4 years when his contract isn’t that long. He’s open to a further extension but he’ll wait and see how things are at the end of next season. Are his mates still running the club, are the squad still engaged, are his family still happy etc.

When he said “unless I'm sacked” I think he really meant it. i.e. the most successful manager in the history of the game sincerely knows that he can be sacked, just like anyone else, if he doesn't deliver. My feeling is that he wants to build a dynasty here, and that he does, deep down, want to stay for four more years. If he did, this club would be rebuilt in his image, from the kids up to the top. We wouldn't look back from that, whoever we got after it. Fingers crossed.
One more remark: whatever legitimate reticence many blues may have about the CL, I'm sure that this man deeply wants to win it. And with us. Boo the anthem if you want, but then get right behind the team tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.