Guardiola confirms intention to stay at City for next two years P123

He is a great manager but he does have his own way of working that includes taking the time to instill his ideas in the team and making sure they are executed to the the absolute best. And this takes time. If you know how short and far between national meetings are, you'll understand that it would be difficult for him to work as he usually wants to.
Another aspect is that, up to a certain point, in national teams you have to make do with the players you have. As far as I know, Pep always wanted to have a say in the market to buy the players he liked. That's why I said that if he really had a thing for national football, he'd go for a team with good players.

I can make you an example; in Italy we had a good experience at national level with Conte, who is very different from Pep but just as detail-obsessed, and even he only managed to stay away from club football for two seasons (one Euro) because he complained he had too little time with the team. Keep in mind that, as I said, he is different from Pep; he usually needs very little time to build a winning machine and he's very good at making do with the players he has. He should be a better profile for managing a national team.
But some managers need club football.

That’s all very well and good but Pep has said he wants to manage a national team. Nothing he has ever done makes me think he isn’t a man of his word. He will manage in the World Cup. It’s just a matter of when.

it's all a Marco Rues, Pep is on route to the old lady, City's 19 year CL ban will be announced today and I saw him ordering a black and white striped calzone last night in Rudi's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.