Guardiola rules out any January signings.

I just see some having a pop at pep when the reality is more likely to be a club decision based on several factors
Who is having a pop?, a bit of banter.

But in all seriousness, I hope Tixki is all over Europe arranging some new talent, either Jan or Summer at the very latest.

this has to be a bluff ??? city need 2 or 3 players just to get through the season if we want to win things, its sounds like pep will be hoping sane and laporte will be back quicker then expected. but the gamble in that is they blow up with something else. mendy injury springs to mind ??? so if somebody comes available we must take the gamble and sign them
Might as well just hope Laporte returns and doesn't get injured again.

The first choice defenders are fine. It's the cover that is the problem. I think if it was Stones that got injured, Fernandinho and Laporte would possibly work.

What would happen to Liverpool if VVD was injured for 5 months?

I believe that City were caught out last season when Kompany retired a year earlier than expected and City were left with a problem. We had a choice of bringing in a central defender, or gambling on the fitness of Laporte for a season whilst Garcia and Harwood-Bellis got experience. Lightning struck, and we were unlucky.

If clubs think you are desperate in January the price goes up maybe we just want to go about our business quietly.

Yh true and i hope thats the way we are playing it because with the right signing and players coming back from injury we could still have a very succesful season on all fronts.

If we shouldn't replace injured players with new January signings, how about replacing Kompany like Pep wanted to in the summer?

Ah. My response to @Marvin was as in a principal and not pertaining to either summer or winter windows e.g. injuries occur and spending to provide cover is not good business sense (with the odd exceptions, but not in winter).

I think Vinnie took us by surprise in that we didn't have sufficient notice (I may be wrong) and we would normally have succession plans in place for all players and scouting / screening candidates would be done months in advance. Personally, I don't think winter is the best window to be looking for players as it would be rare to get someone of the right quality to make an immediate impact, as well as having players wanting to move mid season (but I know we have had exceptions against that).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.