Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cleavers, 2 Dec 2019.

1. Corky

Corky

Clubs are willing to sell if 18 or 6 months left on contracts.

2. tommo74

tommo74

Lots of good centre halves who are not involved in champions league, vvd when at Celtic not in champions league for long, I am sure a club could have got him in the January if they wanted to, we clearly need to strengthen at the back we are a fucking joke, teams are having 1 shot 1 goal, 2 shots 2 goals, anyhow shouldn't have been left until January, pep knew Vinny was off in the summer and should have done it then, but he thought he would be a smart arse and play Dinho as centre half, but has international centre halfs sat on the bench, so if he doesn't trust them they shouldn't be at the club simple as that

3. Shirley

Shirley

It would be very naive to advertise to the world he's looking to sign players in January.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. brummie blue

brummie blue

Pep won't admit it, but I guess he privately thinks the league is gone, Champions league and the other cups will be the priority and Laporte will be back for the knock out stages of the champs league

5. deano ou812

deano ou812

Meh,january isn’t really a great transfer window to be fair,we should have done any business in the summer window when a cb was a priority..

6. blue_hawk

blue_hawk

Its natural that Pep will deny it publicly. Doesent mean things are not happening in the background though. According to Sam Lee, City are looking for a CB for january. I believe he is right, as Pep was angry that City didnt get Maguire. Either gonna be a homegrown player or we manage to offload Otamendi i guess. A shame that Ruben Dias signed a new contract, as he had a 56 million £ release clause.

MCFC_Sam and Semper aggressus like this.
  7. Bellamy's Caddy

Bellamy's Caddy

I'm not sure its worth reading much in to this. City don't tend to give much away in the media these days, we're probably just trying to avoid a whole month of endless speculation.

MCFC_Sam and Semper aggressus like this.
  8. cleavers

cleavers

Was he, I assume you know him personally ?

wagonman likes this.
  9. blue_hawk

blue_hawk

I do not, but i trust Sam Lees sources.

MCFC_Sam likes this.
  10. chaddblue

chaddblue

In hindsight I’d expect he is relieved