Guardiola rules out any January signings.

Sometimes you need a signing to shake things up a bit, i think we are in that situation now.

Would love to see a signing in January.

We need two signings to freshen things up.

A centre half is essential, not signing one would be negligent - none of this waiting for the right deal shite, pay 20 or 30 million over the odds if need be, we can afford it.

A front player either an out n out striker or a play anywhere guy like Zaha is also needed

But this is the problem, signing a CB right now shouldn't be kneejerk; we should have had a list of CB targets this summer since Kompany announced he was leaving and Otamendi flirted with leaving and only added to the list as the season has gone on. We had this ridiculous 'Maguire or bust' attitude this summer and not signing a CB now is just poor-planning not us avoiding being reactionary.
Exactly this. I know we love to talk about how smart we are with our signings, and how much research and time we spend on their personalities, etc, etc, but how do we not have a shortlist of players at each position that are ready to go from a scouting perspective that we can quickly pivot to if that's that the market dictates? It should not have been a surprise at all that we would've needed a centerback last summer. How do we only identify Maguire and leave no plan B? We did exactly the same thing the season before with Jorginho and basically got lucky that not getting him didn't ruin our season. It was only a matter of time before this dumb policy came back to bite us.

So tinkering or major changes?

The best Centre half we can get for me in January!! Think were ok elsewhere (although not played to anywhere near the level we should be doing). Summer we may need more depending on the Aguero/Jesus situation and left back!!

The best Centre half we can get for me in January!! Think were ok elsewhere (although not played to anywhere near the level we should be doing). Summer we may need more depending on the Aguero/Jesus situation and left back!!
What if we think we can get a much better centre half in the summer ?

What if we think we can get a much better centre half in the summer ?

We risk having a bad last half of the season if we do nothing IMO. Get the best we can in Jan, if then in the summer Otamendi and Stones leave and we can get a true world class Centre half aswell, then great!!

Just buying someone won't solve this season. Or next tbh. It will help, but the guys need more luck and fire in bellies again. And for LFC to stop having luck which by my count has gone on since last season.

Lose out on a CL place next season and that's £60mill gone. 2/3rds of the cost of a word class centre half.

Not to mention playing on a Thursday night in the Europa League.

Lose out on a CL place next season and that's £60mill gone. 2/3rds of the cost of a word class centre half.

Not to mention playing on a Thursday night in the Europa League.
We might not be in the CL anyway regardless of position in the league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.