Guidetti is leaving.

LoveCity said:
Dax777 said:
Jo is a better player than Guidetti

In our system, he's not even close. In a direct system like Everton's, Jo might be more useful but Guidetti would be much more useful in our system. Power, Tevez/De Jong-like tenacity (fights for everything), can hold up a ball, has an excellent turn, and is a good finisher.
Being more useful than 2011 Jo at City is like being better than zero. Almost impossible not to be better.

People will say "Well, Mancini disagrees" and yeah - Hughes thought Ched Evans was better than Sturridge too, he was also wrong.

You forgot to add: "Playing EDS ball" Jo might get slacked off here, but he is a fine player on his day. Lost confidence this season. But he is a superior player to Guidetti by a long mile. Lets not mistake slacking Jo for being poor. Jo would smoke the EDS with ease. Even Bebe dominates at the EDS level. I watched him and Oberton run riot in an EDS game.

Guidetti was never top 4 quality. It is just City fans who are desperate to see academy kids make it to the main squad that keep feeding themselves false hope.

Dax777 said:
You forgot to add: "Playing EDS ball"

I watched him for Burnley and he looked fine, still better than Jo (who I think would struggled just as much in the C'ship with its physicality which he hates).

Jo might get slacked off here, but he is a fine player on his day. Lost confidence this season.

This season? A few goals for Everton aside (which wasn't followed up on in his return loan there the next season) he has been gash since the day he walked into our club. Flopped at Galatasaray. Galatasary. 1-in-5 goal ratio in the piss poor Turkish league, which is inferior to the Russian league where Jo scored so many.

Sometimes players for whatever reason are good and then suddenly lose it (Mendieta springs to mind). I think Jo might be quite useful in a league like the Portuguese where there is very little physicality and weak defences, but Guidetti would be far more useful in England because he relishes the physicality and has the hunger and drive to improve that Jo never seems to have had.

Guidetti was never top 4 quality. It is just City fans who are desperate to see academy kids make it to the main squad that keep feeding themselves false hope.

Funny, people said the same of Sturridge who is now outscoring Torres, Dzeko, Drogba, and others in a Wilshere-esque loan spell at Bolton.

I'd say now, with the money and transfer muppetry, people are too eager to write off the academy lads. The phrase "Not good enough for where we want to be" whenever we have a decent prospect who may not be there yet but has the potential makes me feel sick. I'd rather see some of the kids who have broken through in the Premier League given the chance to play and improve like Albrighton and Coleman than some of the players in our squad.

And no, our academy isn't inferior to Villa or Evertons.

If he was good enough he would have made more of a breakthrough by now and been given a contract offer he couldn't refuse.

I've seen him enough times in the EDS to suggest he's a decent player but unfortunately never good enough for our first team.Moving on is best for him and the club.

well it was obvious he was never gonna make it at City, I watched this boy play for brommapojkarna and anyone who think he's better than Jo is a moron. Swedish league is rubbish and Jo would look like Messi here, yet this boy didnt even stand out. The players who stand out in swedish league usually ends up in Holland playing for the lower teams.....thats the level we are talking about

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.