Guidetti Loan Watch

SrilankanBlue

Thought we should have this thread to keep track of his progress at Stoke, to start with its confirmed he will be IN the squad v Crystal Palace

Kenwyn Jones will probably be moved on for them after his shenanigans trying to get a move away, hes frozen out of the squad at the moment

Hughes was asked about Guidetti in his pre match conference

Hughes: ""He's been back training for a number of months. He gives us different options up front. We were looking for variations up front and he gives us that. He can play as a single striker. If he gets chances he usually scores.
"He will be in the squad this weekend. It's fair to say we don't expect John Guidetti to fly out of the traps. We will give him time to get up to speed."

About time we've had a (youngster) out on loan to a Premier League club. Will be a reason to watch an otherwise unlikeable team, if he gets playing time

Andouble said:
About time we've had a (youngster) out on loan to a Premier League club. Will be a reason to watch an otherwise unlikeable team, if he gets playing time
Both Hughes and Guidetti have found their level. Stoke are in transition and it seems Hughes has learned from his City and QPR experiences and is trying to evolve Stoke into a footballing side without them losing that rugged bite they had under Pulis which is similar to Everton' s current transition under Martinez.

I think this is an excellent move for Guidetti and as long as he gets game time, it should tell us a lot more as to whether he has a long term future with us or not.

Matt the Giant said:
Good thread OP, and I hope everyone with info keeps it updated.

Agreed.

It's great to see him have a chance in our league I just hope people realise it's extremely unlikely that he'll hit the ground running and it will take time for him to hit form in a team that makes comparatively little chances compared to us.

The guy doesn't need to be world class to be successful for us, just decent enough for 4th choice striker/home grown quota/decent sell on fee in the future.

It will be interesting to see if he makes the bench tomorrow. Stoke have a few tough fixtures in the coming weeks, next three away, and then the 'force of darkness' at home, so if he is being 'given time', he may not make a full appearance until maybe the Swansea game in mid February.

Stoke played a fair bit of football against Liverpool last week, and I think he might prosper if paired with Crouch.

If I can get a good stream on stokes match tomorrow and he plays I'll throw up a few thoughts, I saw him play for feyenoord a bit so should be able to tell if he's declined/improved.

aguero93:20 said:
If I can get a good stream on stokes match tomorrow and he plays I'll throw up a few thoughts, I saw him play for feyenoord a bit so should be able to tell if he's declined/improved.

In Holland he was in his peak. Now he's been away from competitive football for a very long time, and I'd be very surprised if he was in the starting squad for Stoke tomorrow.

But maybe he'll make the bench in a week or two, and make his first appearance as a sub.

Dribble said:
Andouble said:
Both Hughes and Guidetti have found their level. Stoke are in transition and it seems Hughes has learned from his City and QPR experiences and is trying to evolve Stoke into a footballing side without them losing that rugged bite they had under Pulis which is similar to Everton' s current transition under Martinez.

I think this is an excellent move for Guidetti and as long as he gets game time, it should tell us a lot more as to whether he has a long term future with us or not.

What does this mean?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.