Gundogan as an attacking midfielder

Ive said it for ages whenever he plays our threat going forward is shite he slows everything down we ha e no counter attack with him in the side

He is OK with a runner to cover him. Foden should be able to get into this team, it would mean him rotating David and Gundogan.

Well we're City fans, not Gundogan fans so if Gundogan playing in a certain position is hindering City and all the stats suggest that to be true, people are going to complain about it. And FWIW I'm not really blaming Gundogan, he's out of his depth in that position. it's Pep that shouldn't be picking him.

Silva with Gundogan is a disaster but Gundogan playing there full stop is a huge problem for us.

Here's more stats to prove it: https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...l-news/gundogan-foden-stats-man-city-17046357

No stat in the world will explain the crusade from many on these boards to put the blame solely on one man in a team of 11 people.

That is just stupid and defies any sort of common sense.

No stat in the world will explain the crusade from many on these boards to put the blame solely on one man in a team of 11 people.

That is just stupid and defies any sort of common sense.

Last season it was Gundogan and Bernardo who could not play together without slowing out attacks, Bernardo has upped his game but Silva has slowed and is playing worse than Gundogan it is just a case of too many slow players through the middle we need a balance a proper box to box , but who do we replace? personally i think Foden is playing better than Gundogan or at least offers more

We could build and replace him with a small brick wall, 30/40 yards from goal, and not miss anything.

Playing the devil's advocate, Gundogan is a fantastic midfield player that would start for every club in the Premier League and we are lucky to have him . It's too easy to pin him as the reason why Wolves got the 3 pts and we didn't. The whole team did bad and under performed

Playing the devil's advocate, Gundogan is a fantastic midfield player that would start for every club in the Premier League and we are lucky to have him . It's too easy to pin him as the reason why Wolves got the 3 pts and we didn't. The whole team did bad and under performed
Nowt wrong with that , so that is 5 players for 2 positions and none with pace capable of a box to box, who would you get rid off Foden ,Silva, Bernardo or De Bruyne?

Nowt wrong with that , so that is 5 players for 2 positions and none with pace capable of a box to box, who would you get rid off Foden ,Silva, Bernardo or De Bruyne?

None of them. We are spoiled to have 5 elite midfielders for 2 slots with KDB being among the 3 best in his position in the whole world.

I'd like to see more of Foden paired with Gundo actually.

I thought I knew everything about football after watching it for over 50 years however, anyone who thinks Gundogan should be anywhere near that team continues to amaze me. Who ever negotiated a new contract for him in the summer should certainly be heading up our Brexit team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.