Gundogan as an attacking midfielder

When the going gets tough Gundo is invisible, but not many came out of today with any plaudits
That’s bollocks, the last 14 games of last season prove that theory to be complete and utter bullshit.

The problem is a lack of pace and intensity when pressing, similar to Toure a few years ago. Gundogan in an advanced role kills our pressing ability, which is 90% of what makes us so good. It’s not necessarily his fault but it is poor use of his abilities.

This is what I don't get. Pep demands work rate from everyone, yet he lets Gundogan stroll around the pitch pretty often? Its like different standards apply to Gundogan.
I think he knows that Gundo can't press well because of his injuries/current physique and Pep puts up with it because he considers him a valuable squad player, which he is...on this Earth AND the next one. I don't know what the reason is that Pep is okay with his workrate because it's pretty obvious that he doesn't put a shift in like the others.

Granted, I feel the same about Kun and David, which is why I want us to start playing Jesus. I think Gundogan is the worst in our squad at pressing.

But you drop him in as the 6 and he looks like a king. Overall, I'm happy to have him, but I think if he's gonna play with Rodri, David and Kun, it needs to be at home. And if you're reading this Pep, I'm sorry, I obviously don't know as much as you but as a fan, I've got (shitty) opinions too. :p

And to those people saying "oh Gundy is the boo boy again." Wrong. I think most of the sensible ones just think he can be be better utilised.

The amount of experts I read on here with their insights into players roles makes me wonder why as a club we spunk some much money on Pep. But hey ho.

That’s bollocks, the last 14 games of last season prove that theory to be complete and utter bullshit.

The problem is a lack of pace and intensity when pressing, similar to Toure a few years ago. Gundogan in an advanced role kills our pressing ability, which is 90% of what makes us so good. It’s not necessarily his fault but it is poor use of his abilities.
Despite Toure's lack of pressing Yaya impacted on games a lot more than Gundogan. I appreciate pressing is perhaps not one of his main attributes but I repeat when we are up against it he disappears like yesterday. I remember after the Spurs game in the CL 1st leg he criticised City for lack of bravery and thought to myself that is rich coming from him.

Despite Toure's lack of pressing Yaya impacted on games a lot more than Gundogan. I appreciate pressing is perhaps not one of his main attributes but I repeat when we are up against it he disappears like yesterday. I remember after the Spurs game in the CL 1st leg he criticised City for lack of bravery and thought to myself that is rich coming from him.
I repeat the last 14 games of last season prove that point to be absolute rubbish, he was the best midfielder in Europe statistically when we really needed him at his best.

I repeat the last 14 games of last season prove that point to be absolute rubbish, he was the best midfielder in Europe statistically when we really needed him at his best.
Those 14 games he played well, but City were in the ascendancy in those games. Bernardo was better than Gundogan in those 14 games. Where was he yesterday, he did nothing, but as I said earlier I am not blaming Gundogan for the defeat yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.