Guttering scam here in Mid Cheshire ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oakiecokie, 12 Oct 2019 at 4:32 PM.

1. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

Had a guy come around asking if we needed the gutters cleaning,which certainly we do.He claimed he came from Sandbach and had done the next door but ones gutters.
    Got a good price and expected him to make a booking.No he could do them immediately.We showed him through the house so he could take a look at the back ones.
    "Lovely house you have here" he said.
    Got back to the front and he said he would get the ladders,but then remarked to my wife" Is that you car ? Isn`t it great".Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Come back with his ladders and props them up against the front upstair windows.The guy was very well dreseed and he only removed his coat.
    "Wont be too long,but I`ve just got to nip and get something" he stated.
    It was about 40 minutes later when he still hadn`t arrived back that the alarm bells started to chime.
    Did he come with the intention of getting my car,robbing us,something wasn`t right.
    I decided to move the car,as the ladders may have been deliberately placed to show any sidekicks where a nice car was.
    I went shopping by myself and phoned the missus to see if there had been any developments.She had phoned the police to ask for some assistance and they seemed to indicate that they knew this guy.
    He certainly wasn`t from Sandbach as my son (who hadn`t shown himself at that time) had taken a picture of this van and we gave the number to the police.
    This guy finally came back an hour and a half later.My son went to the front door with my missus to tell him she had changed her mind.They said he looked gobsmacked at seeing our son and didn`t even question her as to why she had a change.
    Sorry for being so long winded and the guy may be even has a legitimate business,but just a word of warning to one and all as the scam may be all over the area.
    Anyone had any similar experiences of house scams/cars like this ?

Blue Hefner likes this.
  2. chesterbells

chesterbells

No, but cheers for sharing

3. 1.618034

Should've shinned up the ladders and done it yourself while he was gone.

4. jimharri

jimharri

Or nicked the ladders.

"Nah, sorry mate. I've no idea what happened to them"

5. denislawsbackheel

denislawsbackheel

I wonder what he pocketed on his walk through your house that he needed to fence.

6. oakiecokie

oakiecokie

The bugger could quite easily have got my car keys.After that,I hid them.

Last edited: 13 Oct 2019 at 3:28 AM
  7. kashmir

kashmir

How’s the time to invest in a hedgehog gutter brush as advertised on talksport

hoodeddoom likes this.
  8. yeseye

yeseye

EARLY CROSS, CHANCE AT THE FAR POST,HINCHCLIFFE
    He’d probably just nipped off to shave his bollocks.

9. bluemooners09

bluemooners09

I hope he doesn't knock on my nans. I don't think he will though, I don't think his ladders would fit in the lift to get to her 10th floor flat.

Mad Eyed Screamer likes this.
  10. BimboBob

BimboBob

So you had some pikeys come round your house and after they nip off you go to the shops leaving your missus alone in the house?

[​IMG]