Guvnors

KingRuben

great book, & im only on the second chapter, loving it already, anybody else read it, opinions?

the citizens said:
i wouldn't waste my time , ppl like that ruin football for real fans and are nothing but muppets .

So you would never read a book or watch a film about someone doing something you dont agree with?

Read it a couple of years back, really enjoyed it.

jayfx said:
the citizens said:
i wouldn't waste my time , ppl like that ruin football for real fans and are nothing but muppets .

So you would never read a book or watch a film about someone doing something you dont agree with?

Read it a couple of years back, really enjoyed it.

i don't see the point of glorifying wankers .

It's been discusssed many times on here.

Mickey Fancis is an idiot IMO. Still hangs around City making an arse of himself.

I believe his brother was the real hard man.

the citizens said:

Agreed. Pricks who helped to ruin football for a lot of people and glorified by the young and stupid. Let them throw their extra energy into boxing or cage fighting instead of being brave surrounded by their mates.
Or send the shithouses to Iraq.

Its an excellent book, as a City fan, i really enjoyed it.

And as for some of the 'holier than thou' brigade on here........grow up!

The Crays terrorised London, but the film and book were great reads
The Mafia terrorised half the f*cking world, but there is no better films than Godfather and Goodfellas imo.

I was an ST all through the 80's and i f*cking hated every minute of the hooligan era, but it was there, it happened and was a major part of every football match, and probably the main news issue of the day.

If you like books of this nature, get a copy of 'Hoolifan'. It's about this King character, (can't remember his first name), from Chelsea in the 70's. Top read. Also, Eurotrashed and Boys from the Mersey are belters. Got a few books like this. If people don't like them, no problem, but there are many people who do, which is why there are hundreds if not thousands of different books on it, some of which have been made into fils. Watched 'Cass' the other week, thought that was a good film, purely cos of the way he had to fight his way to be accepted, this because he was a black boy in 70's London. Good film.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.