Haaland or Mbappé

Would you rather us sign Haaland or Mbappe in summer ?

• Haaland

Votes: 378 71.2%
  • Mbappe

Votes: 153 28.8%

• Total voters
That’s nonsense! Mbappe can play across any of the front three positions and I think he’d suit our team brilliantly. His play is fluid, he drops deep, can operate on either wing. He’d be great!

Haaland very rarely interchanges with the left or right forwards at Dortmund and although he’s not an old school centre forward like some say he’s certainly less fluid in his play than Mbappe.
There’s a reason we play without a recognised number 9, you’re looking at it purely from a skill set, which isn’t exactly useful when teams put 10 behind the ball... Haaland offers a physical presence, which is without question but also a much needed target man due to said approach from opposing teams...

Nobody is saying Mbappe is shit, relax, I get it, you disagree, but for me it’s the opposite!

There’s a reason we play without a recognised number 9, you’re looking at it purely from a skill set, which isn’t exactly useful when teams put 10 behind the ball... Haaland offers a physical presence, which is without question but also a much needed target man due to said approach from opposing teams...

Nobody is saying Mbappe is shit, relax, I get it, you disagree, but for me it’s the opposite!

And I’m not saying Haaland is shit either but your comment that he’s hands down more suited to our team is just false. In fact if we sign Haaland we’ll have to change our style quite a bit. Haaland certainly couldn’t play the false 9 role or slot into either the left or right forward positions. Mbappe could.

And I’m not saying Haaland is shit either but your comment that he’s hands down more suited to our team is just false. In fact if we sign Haaland we’ll have to change our style quite a bit. Haaland certainly couldn’t play the false 9 role or slot into either the left or right forward positions. Mbappe could.
We can’t be stuck on the system that has been so fruitful this year., teams will adapt and I’d sooner see a number 9 of this ilk.. listen, signing mbappe would be incredible, just to see what Pep would do with him alone, again though, the thought of having a serious target man like Haaland sways it for me....

just my opinion, it’s also more realistic so working on that premise!

We can’t be stuck on the system that has been so fruitful this year., teams will adapt and I’d sooner see a number 9 of this ilk.. listen, signing mbappe would be incredible, just to see what Pep would do with him alone, again though, the thought of having a serious target man like Haaland sways it for me....

just my opinion, it’s also more realistic so working on that premise!

Well in terms of it being more realistic I agree with you. I sadly don’t think we’ll be signing Mbappe and I would be delighted to sign Haaland.

In terms of system I think you’re also right that we shouldn’t rest on our laurels. Teams adapt and learn how to counter us. However I’m not sure Haaland is necessarily capable of multiple systems or formations in the same way that Mbappe might be.

Anyway we’ve both made our points.

Mbape needs space to run into with his pace, sadly everybody defends with 10 men against city. Haaland would be much more a threat although mpape is a better player in my opinion.

This sums it up for me.

Haaland would be a great signing.

But Mbappe would be the dream signing. I can’t think of a player more perfect for how we play and what we need. Possibly Messi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.