Haaland or Mbappé

Would you rather us sign Haaland or Mbappe in summer ?

• Haaland

Votes: 378 71.2%
  • Mbappe

Votes: 153 28.8%

• Total voters
Both player are incredibly special and will probably dominate world football for the next decade so I’d be delighted if we land either of them.

I suspect £100m will represent great value and if they were on longer contract with no release clauses they would be considerably more expensive given their age & resale value vs a player such as Kane who at 27 has one big contract left.

Now if I had to make a choice my head says mbappe as he’d just fit straight into our system but my heart says Haaland as he has a connection to our club and I hope would play for the badge in a way that mbappe never would.

Now I suspect there is zero chance of us getting mbappe due to the relationship of our respective owners and that his next move is nailed on to Madrid (though not necessarily this summer).

I suspect if the right package is put together that Dortmund will sell Haaland (due to the release clause that comes active the following year). I am sure we can put together an attractive package to meet the player & clubs needs, I doubt many can match us but also that we will not put the largest offer on the table so it’ll come down to whether Haaland and his representatives buy into our clubs stability, the way we do business, the project on offer, ability to play with the best players around him and the chance to work with our manager. If this deal happens I suspect we will need Harland to push for a move to us Vs a club which offers more financially.

We absolutely have to be in for him as he represents the very best in the market and the sort of player we have to be after given our position and ambitions but we also have to be looking at a plan b‘s as this deal may not happen and we may see him go to a rival so need to strengthen in this position to compete As merely to stand still replacing Aguero is incredibly difficult.

Although I’d accept sacrificing Jesus to land Haaland I truly hope we dont as he’s a great second striker due to his loyalty, flexibility and quality Which I think would be very difficult to find elsewhere.

There is Zero Chance Mbappe comes here, I think we missed our window on that, I think he ends up in Madrid, he has openly stated it's his boyhood club and he grew idolizing Cristiano, and given that Messi is leaving Barca this summer, you know La Liga is going to be looking to bring in a new star to drive viewership up, and given Barcelona is practically bankrupt the stars align for him in Madrid, That and the fact that our own doesn't exactly get along with PSG's ownership would make this a near-impossible deal.

Don't think we will even go for either....but would be a no brainer at present.
Haaland has scored alot of goals in 1 season (split over 2) for Dortmund in a league with alot of crap teams.....every one thinks he's a world beater (like plenty before him)...lets see if he maintains it/is that good?
Mbappe has done it for longer (and for France) and is streets ahead at the moment.

Don't think we will even go for either....but would be a no brainer at present.
Haaland has scored alot of goals in 1 season (split over 2) for Dortmund in a league with alot of crap teams.....every one thinks he's a world beater (like plenty before him)...lets see if he maintains it/is that good?
Mbappe has done it for longer (and for France) and is streets ahead at the moment.
Ligue 1 is even worse league than Bundesliga. Haaland also has insane record in CL. Your comment can't be taken seriously at all.

Haaland, Mbappe is a wide player imo and extremely reliant on pace. Absolutely fantastic talent but one bad injury could see him drop a few levels. Also doesn't seem to want to come here, I want players that buy into what we're doing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.