Half ’n Half Scarves

I was in Tauranga 3 days ago, she couldve made me a brew after I walked all the way up Mount Monganoui (spelling)
I dont mind the half and half scarves as a momento, would never wear one. But in a way they remind me that at the end of the day, this is sport.
:)

She would have loved to have met a fellow blue so far from home. T'is a good walk up the Mount isn't it? But well worth it.

She would have loved to have met a fellow blue so far from home. T'is a good walk up the Mount isn't it? But well worth it.

Mt-Maunganui-Summit-New-Zealand_optimized.jpg

English football fans are a funny breed. Frothing at the mouth at half and half scarves but continuing to happily pay £40 - £50 a ticket and ridiculous money for piss weak beer. Most are happy to attend matches with kick off times at all hours on every day, but see a child wearing a souvenir of a game they’re at and the gloves are off.

If I were being kind, I could accept them as a souvenir for tourists. But the number of tourists at a PL game should be so small as to make it too risky to produce these abominations. As for half 'n' half scarves at derbies? The mind fucking boggles.
I think the worst examples are fans of either side wearing them at a derby. Why would you want the name of your closest geographic rivals on your scarf?
As for the twats wearing them as souvenirs of the semi-final in 2011; what the fuck were you thinking?
Win, and a souvenir scarf from the final makes much more sense. Lose, and why the fuck would you want a souvenir of a major derby game you have lost?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.