Handball rule is changing again

It doesnt matter what new rule they come up with, the fact is these decisions are still open to interpretation( which is another way of suiting their fav clubs when it matters). Faceless people safely miles away from the game, controlling the outcome when the opportunity is there. I am sorry for being sceptical,but there have been too many wrong decisions with var than is reasonable,and that is inexcusable.

FIFA should now enforce the protocol and rather than the VAR ref making the decision, they direct the onfield ref to the pitchside screen if they think there's a reason.

The updated law states that an attacker's accidental handball is only punished if it occurs 'immediately' before a goal or goal-scoring opportunity.

As of next season

This will have as many variations as there are shades of shirt. For Rags 'n Dippers it will mean they will be punished if one of their players goes into the net to pick the ball up after scoring - no one does it, then it's a goal. For the rest, any handball including those in the warm up will be deemed 'immediate'!

FIFA should now enforce the protocol and rather than the VAR ref making the decision, they direct the onfield ref to the pitchside screen if they think there's a reason.
Lets hope so, because another season like this would dwindle even further my faith in the powers that be.

Lets hope so, because another season like this would dwindle even further my faith in the powers that be.

It should be the way.
For the 4 years so far, VAR has been under the oversight of IFAB.
FIFA are now taking over (as apparently was always the plan), and I can't see Collina letting Riley do as he pleases. VAR refs should only be making the decisions themselves on line calls.

What it should therefore mean is that the theorised idea that the VAR ref doesn't want to overrule his mate should be less significant, as the onfield ref will be making the decision.

There may be the odd delay, but it can't be worse.

It should be the way.
For the 4 years so far, VAR has been under the oversight of IFAB.
FIFA are now taking over (as apparently was always the plan), and I can't see Collina letting Riley do as he pleases. VAR refs should only be making the decisions themselves on line calls.

What it should therefore mean is that the theorised idea that the VAR ref doesn't want to overrule his mate should be less significant, as the onfield ref will be making the decision.

There may be the odd delay, but it can't be worse.
Famous last words!

;-)

https://theifab.com/presentation-of-ifab-log-2020-21/

there are some slides here which explain the new laws with video examples of what would and wouldn't be ruled handball.

And yes, Jesus's goal v Spurs would still be ruled out because it "immediately" lead to a goal. It's one of the examples they use.

But it does appear that Mahrez's goal against liverpool would have stood, as apparently it isn't "immediate" when a player then has to dribble or pass the ball a further distance to create the goal scoring opportunity.
So it's still absolute pish then as it was neither deliberate nor remotely changed the outcome of play.

Still flawed..........

The solution is quite simple; far too simple for the cretin who runs PGMOL. The same principles should apply to an attacking player as apply to a defender, with one addition.

If the attacker's hand or arm makes a move towards the ball or is in an unnatural position, then it's handball. In addition, if the ball goes directly into the net off an attacking player's arm or hand then the goal is disallowed, regardless of the circumstances.

How hard is it to make these rules FFS?
PB for Commish!!!!!

Let me guess; Liverpool and utd can now use their hands, and any other team when playing against us? Any slight unintentional brushing of a City hand by the ball requires 5 minutes of var before disallowing the goal?

Let me guess; Liverpool and utd can now use their hands, and any other team when playing against us? Any slight unintentional brushing of a City hand by the ball requires 5 minutes of var before disallowing the goal?
This isn’t far off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.