Handball rules to be redefined

Micah Richards handball at Anfield in the league cup semi final, 2nd leg, was one of the worst handball decisions I've ever seen.

That was a shocker. So was this one.

Screenshot__2_.0.png

Eventually, I can see football descending into a game of who can smash the ball into as many opponents hands as possible within the penalty area.

Arm span will become a thing you look for in new players, with shorter or even no arms obviously being preferred.

Welcome to football in 2030

I thought there was something very suspicious about the way our game was officiated, including the whole debacle with the VAR feed not working properly.

The handball rule has been a joke for a while now. I really don't think there is any way that they can ever rule out referee's interpreting the rule as they see fit (or as they are instructed), even with the assistance of VAR (which is also a f*cking shambles).

We all know certain ref's who are likely to give a decision one way for one team, and one way for another. We'll get to a point where teams may start looking at legal action if a referee makes an incorrect game changing decision that has huge consequences financially (promotion/relegation battle/cup final, etc), and if that ever happens they might as well all pack up and go home.

Let's redefine it - if it hits your hand it's handball no matter where your hand is, simple. If it hits your arm get on with it.
So if you're protecting your nasties in a wall and the opponent deliberately kicks the ball at you, that would be a pen? Or a foul in your favour?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.