Handforth Parish Council

I seem to be the same age as didsbury so I'd best fall in line. Anyways the zoom meeting is funny as fuck, I shared it amongst my team and it brightened everyone's day, don't get worked up, the people in it are just clueless.

Youve hit on a good point. That’s another reason why why we Generation X’s are special. I started watching City when I was 6, literally a month after we won the league cup in 76. What immediately followed was 30 odd years of shite. Character building shite. We went the hard yards through the lower divisions clinging to the memory of that first couple of late 70s years, when City were still seen to be as big as United, Liverpool, arsenal et al.

When the glory returned we enjoyed it more than anyone. The boomers had already seen success, you millennials were just getting old enough to enjoy it at the right time and today’s youth were just glory hunters who knew nothing different.
You’re actually a year younger than my dad so apologies for adding a year to your life.

You make a very good point and I agree with you, you had the shit for longer but words cannot describe going to school in the 90’s and 00’s as a City fan, growing up near Manchester.

My earliest City memories are Kinkladze leaving and the 3rd tier. Getting beat by Stockport and getting laughed at in school on the Monday. Utd winning the treble etc.

Secondary school in the 00’s was tough as well. My form tutor just used to say “another good result for City at the weekend” *snigger* every Monday morning.

The best bit was there was about 6 of us in the whole year that supported City and we all used to go, we had some great coming of age trips, on the booze aged 14-16. A highlight being me getting arrested age 15 for telling a copper I pay his wages.

Yes, I’ve always been a gobshite.

No surprise the rest of the lads in the year were mostly Rags who never went.

I seem to be the same age as didsbury so I'd best fall in line. Anyways the zoom meeting is funny as fuck, I shared it amongst my team and it brightened everyone's day, don't get worked up, the people in it are just clueless.
Thought you were older than that. FOC still though ;-)

It is a parish council, they have little or no influence over planning or any other council matters. They just get to spend their tiny budget, and is most cases although parish councillors are elected, there are a lot for a small village and often unopposed.

There are two types of parish clark as well, one is more admin the other type can decide what goes on the agenda so is basically in charge.

They are just social events for people with nothing to do.

Sorry it is poorly worded, I wasn't under the impression that they were the planning authority. From the conversation I picked up he seemed to have been proposing making an application to claim the leisure/youth centre as an asset of community value. Obviously that's only a decision the planning authorities can make but just struck me as a quite cynical thing to say when he didn't (from the brief conversation I picked up) express any ideas about using the building for the community.

In case we're still talking about Handforth Council and not inter-generational beef, this is pretty good:

"The Handforth Parish Council Zoom Meeting but it’s performed by an Indie band"

It was revealed earlier this month that investigating the rows at Handforth Parish Council has cost Cheshire East Council more than £85,000.

Or an equivalent figure to a third of the parish Council's own budget.

Grand Total

Budget 2020‐21 £243,850.00

Budget 2021 ‐ 22 £246,500.00

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.