Happy 60th Birthday to the Modfather

makes me feel old that weller is 60, grew up on his music.

he output with the jam is as good as anyone in rock

Was at that Stafford gig.

The video is of Bingley Hall in Birmingham, I went to the Stafford gig which was also called Bingley Hall - absolute mayhem. The support band were Everest The Hard Way who got bottled off the stage. Seemed to remember lots of fighting amongst various scooter gangs, the joys of youth.

The video is of Bingley Hall in Birmingham, I went to the Stafford gig which was also called Bingley Hall - absolute mayhem. The support band were Everest The Hard Way who got bottled off the stage. Seemed to remember lots of fighting amongst various scooter gangs, the joys of youth.

That's the one Stan. Massive cowshed in middle of nowhere that was completely rammed. Think Weller had same top on at both. Them were most definitely the days.

Grandsons on a sleepover and we all had to get up at 06.15 because the suns awake : /
Here is Paul Weller with You Do Something To Me.

Thought this was a Steve Marriott thread!

I was wrong.

I would agree
He ain't the mod father Marriot or Ray Davies is, britpop revisionism gave hin this title.

Love his music The Jam and Style Council, but Mod was around before him and at it's best in the music of the small faces, kinks, who etc along with the ska movement.

Weller was mod revival along with secret affair, lambrettas, purple hearts etc

Happy birthday to him anyway

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.