Happy birthday Shaun Goater!

Nice article in today's Observer about the Goat - Shaun Goater: ‘Adapt or die is my motto. I like to play different ways’.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-ilkeston-manager-non-league-football-bermuda

It's mainly about his new job managing Ilkeston FC, and his life in Bermuda, but he also talks about his time at City and how he "also studied his fellow forward, Paul Dickov, who was adored while Goater was maligned. “I only told Paul this about a year ago because he hadn’t realised that whenever the manager said: ‘Get in twos’ I was always standing right beside him. I wanted to observe him as closely as possible because I was thinking” ‘OK, they love Paul, why do they love him?’ It was because of his aggression and tenacity, the way he got in people’s faces and chased lost causes."

Happy Birthday GOAT, met him at a 'do' at City, top man.

I normally steer clear of football idols as they usually disappoint but not this man.

A terrific hitman who made the absolute most of limited talent. The last MR derby still fresh in the mind. A lovely man by all who knew him.
Happy birthday, Goat.

Happy birthday Shaun. A fantastic goal predator who gave his all for the blues.

What about that back heel from Bernabia? Wonderful stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.