Happy Clapper thread

I've said for a while that I think if we sign an older player - someone who's had a great career and has nothing left to prove, they would bag a lot in this team. We need someone who does nothing except score goals. No chasing about, no having to close players down, no silly stuff, no tactics - just score goals.

I've joked about getting The Goat back, as he would be perfect haha! The guy couldn't control or pass a ball, but knew exactly where the net was. A guy who does nothing except score. The Goat would get 40 a season in this side, no question about it.

If we could bag Levandowski, Mandzukic, Dzeko or someone like this in January, the goals will FLOW. He'd have a chance of winning the golden boot in half a season! :) In all honesty, I do get the feeling that Messi is the one who will come in to do that and who knows, he could be the one to unlock the rest of the team.
Will always love the Goat he was fantastic when we were crap. Always have the best memory's of Royles side with Andy Morrison , the Whitley's, Dickov and especially the Goat. The football wasn't always the best but no could fault the effort and the atmosphere at Maine Rd the best I can remember.

I think that problem will never cure itself fully, because we often play a midfielder in the front three or the wide players we have are just not natural finishers.

However we can be a lot more efficient and once that happens, which is inevitable we have the best defensive base for a number of seasons to build on.
I agree, but if we increase the scoring efficiency by 2 or 3, we'll be fine. I was annoyed losing to spurs and thought the league might be gone, but I calmed down quickly, we're 8 behind with a game in hand, and nobody is playing that great really, it's not much if we get our shit together.

I agree, but if we increase the scoring efficiency by 2 or 3, we'll be fine. I was annoyed losing to spurs and thought the league might be gone, but I calmed down quickly, we're 8 behind with a game in hand, and nobody is playing that great really, it's not much if we get our shit together.
If being the key word. The ability of this team to go on a long unbeaten like the previous years is not there imo. No leadership in the squad. Play the rags on the 12th and it seems Solskaer has the measure of Pep.

The ability of this team to go on a long unbeaten like the previous years is not there imo.
Course it is, we've been hamstrung by injuries, a lack of pre-season, and playing every 3 or 4 days since we started, we now have everyone fit, so can rotate players better, and we have done CL pretty much, so can rest the important players as we did last night.

Sort the finishing, and we'll fly imho.

If we put a run together now everyones back, we'll soon shoot to the top of the league

I kind of like being 13th as it reminds me of the good old days knocking around the bottom half of the league. Pep believes he can fix the problems we have scoring and I believe him. We may not be pretty on the eye a present but the grit and effort is still 100 percent from the lads.

Time we start to kick on now with a dogged 1-0 win over the Burnley racists.

Last edited:
On the Spurs post match thread I was accused of both being a happy clapper and a Trumper because I was in denial about how bad things were because I didn't think things were as bad as some were saying.
I still admit we are not at our best at the moment but I would agree with Cleavers regarding the reasons why we are where we are and where we will be once the goals start flowing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.