Happy Clapper thread

The opening 3 league games of the season and the most recent CL one all had us pressing brilliantly for 20-30 minutes before tapering off.

In each of those spells we looked as good as we ever have. In those opening league games after we stopped pressing as well we almost crumbled (and once did). In the recent game we managed a lot better.

I think fitness and fatigue from last season bleeding into this cramped one is affecting us. BUT in theory the good news is that in the future (whether in 3 months or next season) once our fitness is back to its best the signs are all there that we can return to our previous heights.

My issue is if you refuse to join in the gloom you’re labeled a happy clapper, even if you’re just saying “things aren’t that bad”

i just have an overwhelming feeling we’ll be absolutely fine in the end, and as long as city don’t go insolvent we go again next year.

I also think that this year is worse than others for fans because of everything outside of football, lockdowns, fear-mongering, denial of basic mental well-being and socializing means that for many football is one of their only outlets, but because we support city all hear is how shit we are, how we’re the bad guys and of course if city really are playing shit then it goes into overdrive. Because we don’t have another outlet it’s magnified and made worse than it is, and of course then comes out on bluemoon because it’s the best city forum there is.

we just have to have faith pep and the players will come out of the slump soon, but if not fuck I’ll still support them, I’m sure we all will!

I know this is a happy clapper thread but there are some strange opinions on here. Think lockdown has got to some people.

No pre season, injuries, playing twice a week, blah blah blah.

Let's be honest, we're a one dimensional team who aren't doing the one thing we do well, very well. This place will be in meltdown mid January when we are at least 12 points off the leaders and Pep is still picking at least two of Mendy, Gundog, Rhodri and Mahrez.

Right, off to try sticking my head in the sand to see if it makes things better!

Yes I agree.

To be honest we've always had this issue of missed chances with Pep, but if you score 3 or 4 from 25 goal attempts, it's not an issue, we almost always win, but while we are scoring 0 or 1, it becomes an issue, because we are one bit of bad luck/bad defending from going behind, and when we go behind, we struggle to get it back.

I agree, but it's not just that. It's compounded by the fact that we seem to be hit with the sucker punch of the counter-attack over and over and over. Since last season. It's the combination of us missing our twenty chances with the opposition scoring from their one or two. Literally their one or two. In almost none of the matches in which we've been beaten since the beginning of last season have we actually been outplayed, as measured by possession, corners, and chances created. And I'm pretty sure that the two phenomena that I'm describing are simply two sides of the same coin. It's a worrying tendency. Hey well, maybe Pep'll fix it. It's what he's paid for.

I know this is a happy clapper thread but there are some strange opinions on here. Think lockdown has got to some people.

No pre season, injuries, playing twice a week, blah blah blah.

Let's be honest, we're a one dimensional team who aren't doing the one thing we do well, very well. This place will be in meltdown mid January when we are at least 12 points off the leaders and Pep is still picking at least two of Mendy, Gundog, Rhodri and Mahrez.

Right, off to try sticking my head in the sand to see if it makes things better!
You should stick the fucker up your arse mate and have done with it.

The white kit looks great on the players.

1*fhVjrV9uv3w7a1EVDrA7-w.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.