Happy clappers / losing mentality

Like the hitler in the bunker video, anyone who was at york away, the hill at Blackburn or at stoke in may 98 has to leave the room now. i realise this is a lot of folk - particularly the 100k that went to york, but if they all go it will allow the team to progress.
I was at Blackburn and Stoke but sadly I was not one of the 100,000 that were at York away.
I'm going to close my account.

Is it time for the club to ditch some of our less successful fans in order to progress? It still seems there is a significant number of fans that think staying up, CL qualification year after year and 8 out of 12 domestic trophies, centurions and the quadruple is what success looks like. These are the sort of fans who think just finishing comfortably second, winning just one domestic cup and getting knocked out in the later stages of the CL is acceptable. Does this undermine the 'winning mentality' of our team and undermine our attempts to have legendary European nights in our quest to become 'European royalty''? Maybe we need to upgrade some of the older fans as well as get a decent manager?
Sir, you are a cockwomble of the highest order. Good WUM attempt tho.

I am the sort of fan who is just happy to go to the match, meet the lads, have a few beers and have a good day out. I have done that for over 50 years and 1000s of games home and away and although I want us to win I really couldn't give a fuck if we win or lose, because i don't support City because we are good, i don't support City because we are rubbish, i support City because its in my blood and my Grandad saw the King at Hyde Road and brought me up on stories about City good and bad. I treasure the bad as much as the good because its my club. If you want to ditch me because i am content when we get to 40 points or i am happy with a proper relegation battle then so be it, you could upgrade me for a glory hunter from Immingham who has just realised City used to have a ground called Maine Road and players who appeared in escape to victory because that will make fuck all difference to Ederson spilling a soft shot or Raheem missing an open goal.

Because the thing is when all the good things come to an end as they surely will, i will still be meeting my mates, having a few beers and going to City whilst the glory hunters will have moved onto to the next big thing whilst we back the lads in a scrap to get out of the Manchester Sunday league 4th divison.

Being a fan isnt about success, its about love, passion, its family on a grander scale, you love them, you hate them but you will never forsake them until the day that you die.
Nailed it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.