Hard Drive

merty-b-

I took a hard drive out of my desk top pc and turned it into an external HD. I have put all my data onto it. Pics, Videos, Website as well now it is saying that it corrupted. Is there any way that I can get this back on so I can get all these years of data back?

Any Help would be great.

mcnil said:
try using it as a slave drive by connecting it into the spare slot on the cable that connects your hard drive rarther than using it as an external drive.

Would that work? I formatted it when I set it up as an external drive

merty-b- said:
mcnil said:
try using it as a slave drive by connecting it into the spare slot on the cable that connects your hard drive rarther than using it as an external drive.

its got two chances lol. seriously sa long as you set the jumpers on your main hard drive to master and on the other one to slave, the formatting wont matter, and if its recoverable you should be able to see your files and move them to somewhere safe.

mcnil said:
merty-b- said:
mcnil said:

its got two chances lol. seriously sa long as you set the jumpers on your main hard drive to master and on the other one to slave, the formatting wont matter, and if its recoverable you should be able to see your files and move them to somewhere safe.

I cant as I am running the external on my laptop and only have 1 desktop that now has no HD

merty-b- said:
mcnil said:
merty-b- said:
mcnil said:

I cant as I am running the external on my laptop and only have 1 desktop that now has no HD
bugger!!!

have you tried it as an external on another computer? a mates or one at work, it may just be your lappy doesnt like it

mcnil said:
merty-b- said:
mcnil said:
merty-b- said:
mcnil said:

bugger!!!

have you tried it as an external on another computer? a mates or one at work, it may just be your lappy doesnt like it

Tried it and another one still didn't work. May have to try it as a second one in another PC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.