Hargreaves Interview on CityTV Update: Pt 2 on OS

Re: Hargreaves Interview on CityTV

Blue Haze said:
He looked like a guy who doesn't like being interviewed. He's probably sick of talking about his injuries.

Let's face it-- he was looking for a club and never really hoped to play for City in particular. Probably just wants to play football no matter where he plays it.
Indeed. Agree.

He gave me the impression of a vegetarian looking at a menu with only one dish on offer - a bland jacket potatoe with no filling but, he ordered it because he was hungry! Shame he couldn't say anything remotely positive. The stuff about he lived in the areas and moving is such an upheaval filled me with great inspiration from agent Hargreaves.

I really think the interviewer was a bit harsh at the start, could of started a bit more enthustic so it was always going to be a bland interview, plus Owen Hargreaves is one of the most media shy players there is.

I just think accents with that gutteral quality like German, Dutch, South African don't give off a particularly 'warm' vibe. Plus he's probably answered those banal and predictable questions about his injuries a million times, and sick of being defined by his injuries. He knows that won't change until he proves himself on the pitch again and I think that will put a huge amount of fire in his belly. He already outright described himself as having a 'huge chip on my shoulder'

He's a serious guy, but that's a good thing. You don't win the title with a squad of Jimmy Bullards.

Low key, as it should be.

He's got a lot to prove to everyone who think he really is made of glass, and probably just wants to see if can compete again before running his mouth

Vieira in the background walking up the stairs :D

Gets everywhere old Paddy.

He's like the Anti-Ballotelli. Maybe it'll be good to have someone so dour in the squad? My impression is that he's not quite a prick but you'd feel very awkward in his company.

He is very serious and downbeat but no problem with that. I just hope in part two he has something nice to say about the club other than "great set of players here", haha.

Inzi said:
also he was asked why he joined city and his answer was because he lived in the area for 4 years.................great.....lol

At least he's honest or would you have preferred the 'Robbie Keane' reply?

The fella obviously has a point to prove and hopefully we will benefit from that.

FantasyIreland said:
Inzi said:
also he was asked why he joined city and his answer was because he lived in the area for 4 years.................great.....lol

At least he's honest or would you have preferred the 'Robbie Keane' reply?

The fella obviously has a point to prove and hopefully we will benefit from that.
i know what you mean FI but he could have been a bit more imaginative than its a pain to move house

I have a problem with him not saying anything memorably positive about joining city, the fans, the project or his new team mates. It was all about his need to prove a point after he was released. That's how it came across to me...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.