Hargreaves Interview on CityTV Update: Pt 2 on OS

Re: Hargreaves Interview on CityTV

Not too impressed with the interviewer.
Crap questions elicit crap answers, generally.

I agree it was quite interesting that his first answer to why he chose City was convenience, yet at the same time he said he wasnt frightened to leave his comfort zone. I got the impression he has quite mixed feelings about being at City. That might change, he's only been here less than a day.

He certainly appears motivated to prove himself

Just started reading Paul Lake's autobiography. Hargreaves must have been through the mill in similar way. Would be good to have Hargreaves performing at the top level for City - we all love a come-back story (and saying f*** you to united)

Shaelumstash said:
Manchester_City_Blue said:
citygal1 said:
couldnt warm to him with that interview, dunno why.

Thought he seemed quite level headed. But yeah it wasn't that instant connection like in Nasri's.

He comes across as an arrogant and conceited prick. Possibly due to 4 years of frustration and being pissed off at being dumped by the shite. His answer to why he wanted to join City was that it was convenient because he had a house here. Not really the most thought through answer.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, must have been horrendous not being able to play during his peak years. He'll do a good job for us if he can stay injury free, great player when he's fit.

actually I think that's a very good reason.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Shaelumstash said:
Thought he seemed quite level headed. But yeah it wasn't that instant connection like in Nasri's.

He comes across as an arrogant and conceited prick. Possibly due to 4 years of frustration and being pissed off at being dumped by the shite. His answer to why he wanted to join City was that it was convenient because he had a house here. Not really the most thought through answer.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, must have been horrendous not being able to play during his peak years. He'll do a good job for us if he can stay injury free, great player when he's fit.

actually I think that's a very good reason.

At least he didnt say something like "ive wanted to be here all my life blah blah blah"

citygal1 said:
MUFC is why. It took me a while to be won round with Cook, Schmeichel, Cole, Hughes and Tevez... It's almost like they have to do something before they win me over. Like an initiation.

I dont think he wanted to hype his deal too much. He hasn't played much and i can imagine him not getting too excited before playing a few games.

He also spent years at United earning huge wages and they paid his medical bill.

He probably didn't want to sound disrespectful to United by praising City much and describing how happy he was to be here.

Shaelumstash said:
citygal1 said:

I moved jobs from Salford to Wythenshawe because it's closer to home. It used to take me 45mins to an hour of sitting in traffic to go from mine to Lower Broughton in the mornings, yet Wythenshawe is just down the road and I'm there in 10mins. Work is bottom of my priority list, I don't give a shit who I work for as long as I'm paid at the end of the month so I can live my life.

a mixture of things really. shite interview questions, more concerned about actually being able to play football than being taken up by the "project" just yet, wanting to show respect to United, generally being media shy and so on.

Watched him play live at the world cup in Germany. Agaainst Portugal he was superb. If he can get anywhere near the level he used to play at we have got a fantastic player for very little outgoings.

Nasty nasty rags: <a class="postlink" href="http://football-united-blogs.com/2011/09/01/why-owen-hargreaves-should-be-treated-with-the-same-antipathy-as-carlos-tevez/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://football-united-blogs.com/2011/0 ... los-tevez/</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.