Hargreaves Interview on CityTV Update: Pt 2 on OS

Re: Hargreaves Interview on CityTV

That's right Owen focus on the football and getting fit.

As they say.
"Owen Hargrevez he trains real hard".

He may not have endeared himself with why he came to city but atleast he was honest, he could've gone to somewhere like west brom and got 1st team action as soon as he's match sharp but he's here on a pay as you play contract and knows he'll need to prove himself to get into the team. If he does that i dont think anyone will care why he came and at his age he's hardly going to pull a tevez is he

Just give him a chance it just might work out for us

A very low risk signing with a potentially very significant upside if he stays healthy.

The whole thing came across as very honest to me. He's battling the odds against the long term injury for himself in the first instance. I have no issue with that.........the badge kissing and 'ambition of the club' cliches can remain on hold for now. The fact that he offered to play for the Rags for a season for free impresses me in terms of his determination to get back. It would be one of life's overdue ironies if he turns out to be a major player for us.

It strikes me that if Owen Hargreaves gets what Owen Hargreaves wants out of this arrangement, City will have got their investment back in spades. That's good enough for me - the love-in can come later.

Some bloody harsh comments on here in my opinion, as someone said earlier he has that haunted look of someone who has been to hell and back. So what if he isn't waxing lyrical about City, and the project? It's obvious his main priority in life is just going to be about actually proving he can play football again for the moment.

That interview is only part one anyway, maybe we'll hear him guage his opinions regarding MCFC in part two? Just a thought like.

Come's across to me as a quiet, thoughtful, astute lad and if we can get him back to anyway near his level of a few years ago we have a fantastic player on our hands.

Okay he might not have the impish sense of humour so openly displayed by Nasri, or just be a complete barmpot like Mario. Tell you what I bet if Silva could speak English he would come across very similar to Hargreaves, shy and considerate in thier opinions.

Let's give the lad every chance on and off the pitch Blues.

You really cant judge anybody be it manegers a players untill they have had a full season to prove themselves, just look at Edin.

Crap interview though.

To me he just looked a guy who didn't like being interviewed and was uncomfortable answering questions with a camera in his face - nothing more than that

Hope it works out for him & us though.

Leave the boy alone FFS!! Hasn't he been through enough already? So what if ManUre was his dream move that turned to shit, their reactions to his move to us AFTER they released him seems to be hurting them more than the Tevez move did!!! http://www.trulyreds.com/20110901/5...:+TrulyRed+(The+Manchester+United+fans+blog+)

He was a Rag and he was rightly dedicated to them as all players should be to their teams and I would expect no different from Hargreaves. He is now a Blue and it is now up to him to create his own destiny and legacy here and I for one hope his career at City is a roaring success!!

I don't know why, but rarely have I wanted a signing to work out for the player concerned as much as I want this one to work. I suppose it might have something to do with me having suffered from the same injury that Hargreaves had when I was young which put paid to any idea I had of pursuing a career in sport. After 4 operations on my left knee & 3 on my right over a 20 year period just so I could walk properly I should know!!!! And anyone who has the determination to come back from that kind of crippling injury is OK in my book, especially as the easiest option for him would have been to hang up his boots and count his many Canadian Dollars, German Euro's & GBP's!!

Give the man a break FFS!!!

Have a laugh and enjoy yourself and play with you emotions on your sleeves, and be slated for not being professional (a la balotelli) and be professional and leave your emotions at home, and you are boring/don't care ( a la hargreaves).

I really hope he gets fit, not just for us, but also for himself. Must be a shocker to be out for your pomp. He should have a chat with M.Johnson and tell him all is not lost.

I don't know why everyone is saying it's a crap interview. They basically put the ball on the tee for him and then hand him a bat. All he was trying to get out of Hargreaves was this: A - Yes I've trained very hard, it's because I love football and yes, it feels damn good to run around and kick a ball because I love this game, and B - Yes, City is a great club, with great players. They have a good thing going here. I shall enjoy both the challenge of competing for a spot and the multitude of competitions that this team will be involved in. I hope to play and show the world that I am truly back. The end.

It may not be 60 Minutes, but it's an interview designed to get the fans behind the player and drum up some excitement. We all get it.

But nooo, silly "isn't my accent weird" Hargreaves decided that instead of just hitting the ball off the tee, he would put a silly look on his face and say that it's because he lives here. Wow awesome, glad we fit into your geographic needs Owen, don't dare mention that fact that we are now a FUCKING DYNASTY that are going to win the shit out of every competition we are a part of... you know, we are more concerned that your commute is manageable. There was almost a ray of light when it seemed like he was about to say something about liking Mancini or our physios or something (he mentioned talking to a few coaches but liking the fit here) but he stopped just short of that. So yeah, failed interview but only because Owen is such a barrel of positivity. Not because the questions were bad. The interviewer was trying to help us accept him.

I know he has been through a lot and I wish him well. I can only imagine what he has been through. We all know he wanted united and not us. He probably wants to rub it in their face a bit. I'm not above petty vengeance, whatever. I'm just blah about the whole thing. If he has a good year with us he would go back across town in a minute. At least lie to us like a good boy, eh Owen?

Eh.. I wish him all the best..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.