Harpurhey show to be "axed"

jordinho09 said:
I know the lad who was on it last week. The one who set up his own internet radio. I don't think they made him out to be a mug.

He was on that Sun, Sea and Suspicious parents too...has he got a contract with BBC3!? Seemed a sound guy

CTID1988 said:
jordinho09 said:
I know the lad who was on it last week. The one who set up his own internet radio. I don't think they made him out to be a mug.

He was on that Sun, Sea and Suspicious parents too...has he got a contract with BBC3!? Seemed a sound guy
Haha I know, nah he's not got a contract. He is a sound guy although he used to be a dick head.

Does anyone know this Blue?

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/fFS8UeI.png[/bigimg]

His name is Ryan, has City stuff all over his walls in the house.

See's himself as a Rap MC lol...

SteWadda said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
SteWadda said:
I haven't watched any of it but from what I have heard it's like they are trying to prove Manchester is really like Shameless.

More the fact the brain dead in the show are Shameless . I was brought up to act the fool to catch wise in certain situations in life . The folk portrayed on this show just act the fool. I hate programmes like this xfactor,jed kyle ,and all the reality crap its just like a public freak show ,sadly these people are poorly educated or /and mentally unstable . There are some truly wonderful and inspiring people in and around Harpurhey and other poor areas of Manchester , that would make a great premise for a tv show , I`d want to watch that . Not some poor souls with issues . Pat Carney should be ashamed , he has let the people of Harpurhey down. Postcode profiling is bad enough ,but what will the paper pusher think of everyone in the area now .

How can we blame him? What could he do to stop the idiots taking part?

he was pushing Harpurhey to the tv execs . And even appeared on the radio telling all and sundrie to watch it , so I did . Where are the inspiring people mate .

I watched it tonite for the first time , with a bit of interest as I used to live in the area in the early-mid nineties .......

wasn't bad , and it was perfectly believable that people like that do exist in the area , it certainly had it's ups and downs in the days when I lived around there , and it didn't surprise me at all.

i live 15 minutes away from harpurhey, but the way the show has been made its disgraceful, its humiliating for the people involved in it, and i feel they have been cruelly manipulated into doing it.

Personal responsibility.
They all appeared voluntarily. Anyone who chooses to go on TV knows there is a good chance they will end up looking a twat, whether its this show, Jeremy Kyle, Newsnight or Question Time.

black mamba said:
I watched it tonite for the first time , with a bit of interest as I used to live in the area in the early-mid nineties .......

wasn't bad , and it was perfectly believable that people like that do exist in the area , it certainly had it's ups and downs in the days when I lived around there , and it didn't surprise me at all.

There are far worst places than Harpurhey in East Manchester. Collyhurst,Miles Platting and Moston.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
i live 15 minutes away from harpurhey, but the way the show has been made its disgraceful, its humiliating for the people involved in it, and i feel they have been cruelly manipulated into doing it.

people humiliate themselves.

that unemployed woman with the kid ages 18 or whatever, and the 2 worst parents going are wasters.

i feel for the genuinely decent people in the area who actually try, they are the ones who are coming off worse because these scabs make the area look bad. for the record that dale lad seemed alright and apparently is doing an apprenticeship.

LongsightM13 said:
Personal responsibility.
They all appeared voluntarily. Anyone who chooses to go on TV knows there is a good chance they will end up looking a twat, whether its this show, Jeremy Kyle, Newsnight or Question Time.
I thought this but the amount of idiots that appear on tele makes me think they genuinely dont know. Maybe they thought it might help them get some sort of TV career. It is their own fault for being daft enough to agree to it but is the BBC exploiting people's stupidity?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.