Harry Dunn

Fair enough, I thought she had the Immunity through her husband. Driving on the wrong side of the road after she had been here a few years is strange, there has to be more to it than we are being told. I wonder if the Police have evidence which is not admissible and being kept under wraps from an instruction at a higher level?

not really. It is very easy to do. I spent 2 years in Oman and after 15 months over there I still found myself, on occasions, driving on the wrong side of the road especially if the road was quiet. So easy pulling out of a fuel station or hotel etc especially if the road is quiet.

I've been watching this for the last week or two and cant help but feel increasingly uncomfortable about it all.

Firstly it was a tragic death and way to lose a son and all sympathies go to his parents but im not so sure what is now transpiring is helping them in any way and i wonder what the motive is now because it seems to have moved on from the original demand to just speak to the woman and find answers to questions they had?

PR people involved both here and in the US, top barristers both here and there, all paid for by a crowdfunding page and demands moving daily which to me only lead to one destination and that is some form of financial settlement rather than justice.

They wanted to speak to her, they then wanted her to come back to face justice, then they didn't want her put into prison as that would take her away from her children, then they go to the US still demanding to speak to her, then they get the chance to speak to her and now they refuse?

All seems a bit suspicious to me and if i had lost a son so tragically im not sure if i would feel that living my life in front of the cameras and in the middle of a PR battle would be my first choice.
People deal with grief in different ways. They go on crusades for road safety or changing laws or raise money for charidee etc etc. The point being that the 'fight' takes minds off the horror of what's happened.
I doubt my first port of call would be a pr firm but maybe they had no choice but to expose the ludicrous rules around immunity and to try and get some answers.

Fuck me there's some self righteous fuckers on here. They lost a son at 19, to no fault of his own, by a woman driving on the wrong side of the road. I'm pretty sure they would have settled for the law taking its course, as it appeared to be doing, if the hard faced cow hadn't had jumped on a plane to the States without a backward glance with no fucks given.

By all accounts they had hit a brick wall in getting any justice due to the ridiculous diplomatic immunity laws, even worse the woman responsible wouldn't speak at all, just disappeared behind a wall of silence,hoping the whole thing would die a death, just like the person she killed did.

Good luck to them in getting some form of justice for their son. Who cares how they got to the States and who funded it? They now have the world's attention, have got Trump's ear, however much use that is and will feel they have at least had a go. Nothing will ease their pain or bring back their son, but at least the person responsible has been exposed worldwide as the selfish coward she is, whatever the legal outcome. And no I have no sympathy with her, she should have stayed put and faced the consequences of her actions, which if we forget was the death of a young man in the prime of his life.
Bang on

not really. It is very easy to do. I spent 2 years in Oman and after 15 months over there I still found myself, on occasions, driving on the wrong side of the road especially if the road was quiet. So easy pulling out of a fuel station or hotel etc especially if the road is quiet.
Not concentrating properly then, happens to most I suppose.

People deal with grief in different ways. They go on crusades for road safety or changing laws or raise money for charidee etc etc. The point being that the 'fight' takes minds off the horror of what's happened.
I doubt my first port of call would be a pr firm but maybe they had no choice but to expose the ludicrous rules around immunity and to try and get some answers.
It wasnt their first choice mate, Seems theve pretty much exhausted every other avenue to explore so now it's down this route to keep the story in the limelight. Fairfucks to them.

Initial reports made that assumption but it appears they were wrong and she wasn't covered by diplomatic immunity. I still fear the poor family face an almost impossible task to get her back to the UK but at least they tried.
Just been on Politics Live on BBC2, Russell-Moyle just said it’s not clear yet if she had “full diplomatic immunity” and Jo Coburn moved quickly on saying “the Foreign Office is looking at that and can she still claim it, let’s move on and talk about Brexit”. Obviously a contentious issue that’s not been cleared up just yet.

It wouldnt be my first port of call but it would be close to the top of the list. And if they have they have been fully vindicated and it has already paid off. If they had PR advice to play absolutely no part in that circus that Dumb Donald set up yesterday trying to ambush them by having the woman in the next room, then they have been well served. Appalling manoevre but expect nothing less from that prick. Glad they didnt legitimise it by going along with it with all the press there.

It wouldnt be my first port of call but it would be close to the top of the list. And if they have they have been fully vindicated and it has already paid off. If they had PR advice to play absolutely no part in that circus that Dumb Donald set up yesterday trying to ambush them by having the woman in the next room, then they have been well served. Appalling manoevre but expect nothing less from that prick. Glad they didnt legitimise it by going along with it with all the press there.

Well said.

When Trump says American first he means it for everything. Killing UK subjects included. If it means having an American answer for their mistakes. He is no friend of the UK.

This is what i dont get about the whole thing. Like you i have now been driving on the right for 8 years and even now occasionally, when I'm not concentrating fully and the road is quiet / singing along to the rado will turn a corner and go onto the left. Not so much now but certainly when i first moved.
Now if i did that and caused a dreadful accident, it would be just that. An accident. Would I expect to go to court? Yes. A fine? Yes, a driving ban? Most likely. Jail? I doubt that very much. It was an accident.
So why did she leg it?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.