Harry Kane

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by mscenterh750, 13 Feb 2018.

1. FogBlueInSanFran

FogBlueInSanFran

Can’t conceive why Spurs would sell to us if Madrid wants him. We wouldn’t ever pay more than they would. Crazy flight of clickbait fancy this.

2. dachoosen1

dachoosen1

I think bailey has a huge amount of potential and could be world class and I am a big fan of weigl I simply think that Kane would improve our squad more at least on the short term then those players as we have better strength and depth out wide then we do up top. Zinchenko has been fortunate this year with Mendy's injury otherwise I can't imagine he would have got much game time with delph staying as Mendy's backup.

3. KCblue

KCblue

Yeah, with the money it would cost and the fact Spurs would hike up the price for us on top of that, I don't think this is a story.

4. colesy

colesy

I really think as a club we have gone beyond sinking huge fees into one player, so I could not see us forking out the extortionate fee Levy would want.

Apart from the Kaka saga, we have paid a max of 57 million for one player. I think especially with the position we are now in, we will continue this trend, invest wisely into potential, especially is Pep is staying long term.

5. Civis

Civis

Would love to see Englands #1 striker as our striker and I think he's the ideal replacement for Sergio Kun.

Spurs will probably sell him to Real and not to us if they go in for him. They did the same when Chelsea wanted Modric.

6. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

We're offering £177m (apparently) whereas Real are offering£30m (or so) less. FFP 2.0 comes in shortly so it will be either cash in this summer or get feck-all the summer after.

7. TCIB

TCIB

I would be very surprised if Pep was interested in Kane. The ink would have to be dry on the contract before i believed it. He is just not a Pep player.

Everything Kane is; is what Pep is trying to coach out of Aguero besides the goals ofc. It would seem like some sort of step back, especially as Aguero is the better striker. Kane has a team almost revolve around setting him up, Kun does not have that luxury.

8. peace frog

peace frog

i don't know why but there's something about him I don't rate,he is not world class,if he went to madrid or us he would stand out as a player who is a level below .

9. TCIB

TCIB

I am in the same boat as you sir. I get the impression right now is as good as he can possibly be with a setup primed for him. To his credit he has put a lot of effort in to maximize his potential, i think it is fully realized now.

He is close as can be to an out and out striker who doesn't really add to the play in general in the final third. Kun had this focal point taken away so he had to adapt or die, he has adapted. To me bringing Kane in would be almost like starting again with Kun, a step back if you will. It does not make much sense to me diverting way off track from how we seem to do business.

We may be wrong sir but i'd put money on it we are right.

10. peace frog

peace frog

with his record,it sounds like madness,but I cant shake the feeling about him off. hes not for me.