Harry Kane

You raise some very good points but you can’t seriously compare Delap and Torres to Haaland.

Haaland is levels above them and will be but for any unforeseen circumstances. He is one of the top three young players in the world along with the ninja turtle and our Phil.

Agree with the rest though.
I agree with a lot of this, but there are a couple of points I would like to make,

1. I think we need to see what Spurs are going to want for Kane because if the price is 150M were better off going and paying that for Haaland, In addition, I think we have more leverage in that negotiation with the Sancho sell-on clause, and we could easily get it down to 100M-110M + plus some add ons and waving that sell on clause.
2. We don't know how many spurs players will ask to leave, I think they would sell Son before they even entertained selling Kane, and Son will certainly have interest, so selling a Son or Lucas could solve the financial problem for them (Yes this would probably upset Kane quite a bit)
3. Delap has shown little to nothing at this level and for the most part, is probably still considered a prospect, (Foden was leaps and bounds ahead of where Delap is now at that age)
Yeah I probs could of worded the Delap/Torres part a bit better. It was less a comparison to Haaland, more of the potential that these guys could improve greatly by learning from kane and potentially even getting more game time at the striker role with us maybe wanting to rotate kane more because of the potential ankle injury than if we were to get haaland.

Ultimately I guess it comes down to what sort of risk the club wants to take.

Surely if he was coming to us it would have been a neutral interviewing him, like Redknapp for example? In other words, not Neville formerly of Utd, who also want him? I think he's rag-bound.

1 thing I know if we spent the 100 million on Kane, we would be missing out on bidding for Haaland at the end of next season, just as Harry turns 29. Not the long game I would be playing. The only way I would be doubling the transfer record would be for an asset who would be increasing in value. As Harry said himself he will not be worth 100milliioin a couple of years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.