Harry Kane

Fans may have understood he was leaving and were ok with that. But they don't know what was said or agreed with Levy. Decent people who suddenly act out of character are normally the victims of poor treatment.
Who gives a shit what the fans now think. He wants out because his career is limited and he wants something to show for it at the end. Something highly unlikely if he stays with you.

City didn't set any marker with Grealish. Levy's £160m valuation was set a long before the Grealish deal.

Now the thing is i actually agree that any club can set a minimum fee for any player in contract. It's up to the buyer if they agree if the player is worth that fee. Levy is well within his rights to hold firm.

I think the sticking point is what was said to Harry last year. If Levy asked him to stay one more season and then he would let him go if a bid of more than £100m came in.
If that was the case, then everything that has followed is on Levy's shoulders. I personally think if that was the case Harry is at fault for being too naive and trusting. But maybe he thought after all his years service to the club he was owed one.

City have bid what Harry has probably told then would secure a deal. Assuming Levy has gone back on his word, we end up where we are.
From our point of view, if we don't value Harry much higher, we will walk away.

Personally, i wouldn't go above £120m with the included add ons...

There is no way Levy ever sat down and told Kane he would sell him if a 100 million offer came in. It's just not realistic at all. Levy isn't an idiot.

Spurs fan in peace.
We are a well run club ofcourse financially. I have seen some post here alluding to Spurs going towards financial oblivion interms of debt. Yes, it does look huge. Covid really did hurt us the most in PL given so much dependent on revenues from stadium. But we will fine...as long as there is no further lockdowns.

Our only issue is, no focus given football side in last 3-4 years. But things are quite optimistic this summer with Fabio Paratici, new DoF, already doing some smart deals and Levy taking a step back from making transfer negotiations.

As for as Kane, fan base is extremely disappointed in how he has gone about things, especially given, fans were on his side till May, even if he was leaving us.

As for as any potential transfer - City set the marker themselves. Having paid Grealish 100m, the minimum fair value expected for Spurs will be 160m. Ball is on city court. If they come up with that valuation, deal will happen.

Where do you get "fair value" £160m for Kane if Grealish is £100m? You realise Grealish is second only to De Bruyne in a lot of the creativity stats, and 3 years younger? He's an equivalent player.

You're out of your fucking mind thinking any club will pay that for anyone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.