Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

Mcguire has been unducted into Uniteds prestigious Liars' Hall of Fame alongside such
illustrious bare faced liars as :
Ferdinand 'l didn't know l had to take a drugs test',
'I thought my mobile was turned on', 'l was facing 'the United fans behind the goal when a City fan on my left threw a coin which hit me on the right side' and many many more.
Morrison 'l did not threaten her about giving evidence about me.'
Charlton 'l did not sell those cup final tickets'
Ferguson 'My son dinna do dodgy deals', 'l was caught short on the motorway although the doctor
treated me earlier,' plus many more
Club doctor 'yes yes that's right,' (having back dated a prescription for the day before)
Martin Edwards 'l dropped a coin and was just looking for t.'
Bruno (winner of the Golden bootlace 'l was fouled'
Team award 'honestly love it was just a quiet drink with the lads. No girls. No no no. No naked girls.'

And many more
Mickey Thomas I was sure they were real fivers.
Alpaca so donuts aren't free in Engalnd

He was trying to cry because he was talking about his sister, sorry, his 'little' sister - must get that image of the big brother hero in there - and he just got it wrong. He's as shit at defending himself as much as he is at defending on the pitch.
Yes that sounded so contrived. She might be 20 and short but l wouldn't like to meet her on a dark night.

He was trying to cry because he was talking about his sister, sorry, his 'little' sister - must get that image of the big brother hero in there - and he just got it wrong. He's as shit at defending himself as much as he is at defending on the pitch.

He looked very much like someone trying to remember the story he has been told tell

I defy any sensible person to look at how the English press have treated Harry Maguire, in comparison to Raheem Sterling, and claim that we don’t have a problem with institutional racism.

Is it racism? Or, perhaps a better (and more nuanced question) is it just racism all of the time?

The difference in treatment is clear and that’s not the issue, the issue it seems to me is what causes it.

A good example is Marcus Rashford’s victory in relation to free school meals. What he did was massively important and is widely, and reasonably, regarded as having led to a U turn in government policy. There was no let up in the praise that was lavished on him, and if there was a serious problem with institutional racism perhaps you would have expected some of the praise to be qualified or more grudging than it actually was. Especially in media outlets that normally support the government, but I don’t recall anything of that nature.

It seems to me that the difference between the coverage of (say) Sterling’s fight with Gomez and MacGuire’s fight with Greek plod is more likely to have everything to do with the colour of the shirt they wear rather than the colour of their skin. The on line media knows exactly how many clicks positive stories about red shirted players get, and how many clicks positive stories about City get, in contrast to how many negative stories. They know how to write stories that are calculated to maximise clicks. Contrast for instance the media’s stance that there’s an appeal in the pipeline so all bets are off and we shouldn’t pay too much attention to the conviction in relation to MacGuire, and the complete absence of any equivalent thought in respect of City’s FFP appeal.

On the other hand, when you look at the reporting of Phil Foden’s purchase for a house for his mum, and Tosin A doing exactly the same thing, it’s hard to conclude that there isn’t institutional racism, bearing in mind the difference in tone.

I suppose what it comes down to is that the commercial media exists to generate profits for their shareholders, and the BBC have chosen to operate on the same level. The mail on line knows articles written in a sniffy tone about a blinging black player throwing his cash around is likely to garner more clicks with their particular readership than a positive story about a young man buying a house for his mum. On the other hand, you can bet your bottom dollar that a similar story about Marcus Rashford would have been written in the same tone as the Foden piece, because they know that even racists amongst the daily mail readership want to read positive stories about a young black man provided he plays for the rags.

So I suppose I would agree that there is a degree of institutional racism at play, but it seems to me that this is not the only factor at play.

Whether it’s bending the truth to chase clicks, or racism, or a mixture of the two, it’s pretty disgusting whatever it is.

Is it racism? Or, perhaps a better (and more nuanced question) is it just racism all of the time?

The difference in treatment is clear and that’s not the issue, the issue it seems to me is what causes it.

A good example is Marcus Rashford’s victory in relation to free school meals. What he did was massively important and is widely, and reasonably, regarded as having led to a U turn in government policy. There was no let up in the praise that was lavished on him, and if there was a serious problem with institutional racism perhaps you would have expected some of the praise to be qualified or more grudging than it actually was. Especially in media outlets that normally support the government, but I don’t recall anything of that nature.

It seems to me that the difference between the coverage of (say) Sterling’s fight with Gomez and MacGuire’s fight with Greek plod is more likely to have everything to do with the colour of the shirt they wear rather than the colour of their skin. The on line media knows exactly how many clicks positive stories about red shirted players get, and how many clicks positive stories about City get, in contrast to how many negative stories. They know how to write stories that are calculated to maximise clicks. Contrast for instance the media’s stance that there’s an appeal in the pipeline so all bets are off and we shouldn’t pay too much attention to the conviction in relation to MacGuire, and the complete absence of any equivalent thought in respect of City’s FFP appeal.

On the other hand, when you look at the reporting of Phil Foden’s purchase for a house for his mum, and Tosin A doing exactly the same thing, it’s hard to conclude that there isn’t institutional racism, bearing in mind the difference in tone.

I suppose what it comes down to is that the commercial media exists to generate profits for their shareholders, and the BBC have chosen to operate on the same level. The mail on line knows articles written in a sniffy tone about a blinging black player throwing his cash around is likely to garner more clicks with their particular readership than a positive story about a young man buying a house for his mum. On the other hand, you can bet your bottom dollar that a similar story about Marcus Rashford would have been written in the same tone as the Foden piece, because they know that even racists amongst the daily mail readership want to read positive stories about a young black man provided he plays for the rags.

So I suppose I would agree that there is a degree of institutional racism at play, but it seems to me that this is not the only factor at play.

Whether it’s bending the truth to chase clicks, or racism, or a mixture of the two, it’s pretty disgusting whatever it is.
Alex Williams called in on our supporters club meeting last week. Gave us a brief run down of some of the initiatives City in the Community have either fronted or been involved in during the lockdown most, if not all of, you won't have heard mention of in the media. CITC, as he remarked on, have been doing exactly what Marcus Rashford has done for the last 30 years.

Mickey Thomas I was sure they were real fivers.
Alpaca so donuts aren't free in Engalnd
Roy Carroll “I definitely completed the double save”
Ginger Tosser “ my wife and I have brought our son up better than that”
Louis Edwards “ only the finest cuts goes into the kids school dinners”
Tommy Docherty “mrs Brown???”

I noticed on BBC Breakfast this morning that the studio linked up to Dan Roan live in some exotic hotel complex somewhere sunny where he had interviewed Maguire who did not want the location to be broadcast to the nation. Well I hope the BBC did not foot the expenses bill for Roan to do the interview.....

He looked very much like someone trying to remember the story he has been told tell
He wasn't prepped very well at all. When the prosecution spoke after the trial they clearly indicated that the lack of any sort of apology was a driving factor in their desire to get a conviction. So when you've just launched an appeal, don't aggravate that point when asked about it. That's taking the piss out of another country's legal system and not good if you're going back in there.

Roy Carroll “I definitely completed the double save”
Ginger Tosser “ my wife and I have brought our son up better than that”
Louis Edwards “ only the finest cuts goes into the kids school dinners”
Tommy Docherty “mrs Brown???”
Bryan "I wasn't over the limit officer" Robson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.